RESPONDING BEHIND CLOSED GATES
- Letters to the Editor. Burke, Brain; Brannigan, Francis L.; LaGrow, Bob; Shelley, Craig H. // Fire Engineering;Nov2004, Vol. 157 Issue 11, p54
Presents several letters to the editor commenting on various topics related to. Response to the article, "Employee Evaluations: How Does Your Organization Measure Up?, by Jason B. Hosea previously published in the August 2004 issue of the periodical, Fire Engineering; Arguments pertaining to the...
- Safety Shorts. // Fire Engineering;Jul2004, Vol. 157 Issue 7, p113
Offers tips on fire safety. Responsibility of every engine for having an unlimited supply of water; Fire service's acceptable casualty level; Importance of leadership.
- Thousands Stand Down. // Fire Chief;Jul2006, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p11
The article reports on the participation of fire departments from Gainesville, Florida in the International Firefighter Stand Down 2006 held on June 21, 2006 in Siloam Springs, Arkansas. The stand down focused on vehicle safety, which was organized to help reduce line-of-duty deaths in 2005...
- NEW DELIVERIES. // Fire Chief;Sep2003, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p92
Features fire trucks of different fire departments in the U.S.
- New York City donates fire truck to P.R. Collins, John // Caribbean Business;10/24/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p30
Reports on the donation by New York City of a fire truck to the Puerto Rico Fire Department. Absence of fire engine a threat to life and property; Cost of truck; City's efforts to aid victims of Hurricane Hortense.
- New fire Tracks for ELBVFD. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);9/15/2010, Vol. 138 Issue 37, p7A
A photograph of the ELB Volunteer Fire Department and Burnet Co. ESD #5 which will host a reception on September 8, 2010 to permit everyone to tour the two new firetrucks that the department currently bought is presented.
- Answering the fire bell: Old rig rolls again. Young, Kris; Behler, Mark // Wenatchee Business Journal;Jun97, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p63
Reports on the restoration of the Pirsch horse-drawn ladder fire truck purchased by the fire department of Wenatchee, Washington, in the year 1909. Background on the city fire department's history; Ladder truck's participation in the 1997 Apple Blossom Grand Parade.
- Eagan Downsizes with New Fire Engine. Scott, Mike // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;6/29/2011, p1
The article reports that Eagan, Minnesota downsized with its new fire engine.
- Aurora's trench rescue and structure collapse truck. Schlegal, Kurt C. // Fire Engineering;May96, Vol. 149 Issue 5, p79
Features Aurora Fire Department in Colorado's trench rescue and structure collapse truck. Components of the truck; Engineering; Shoring materials.