- PEOPLE NEWS. // Fire Chief;Apr2005, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p13
Reports on career developments of executives in fire departments in the U.S. Appointment of Chief I. David Daniels of Fulton County, Georgia, to its editorial advisory board in March, 2005; Winners of the National Fire Academy's 2004 Outstanding Research Award; Selection of chief William H....
- Firefighters prepare for more strike action. Russell, Vivienne // Public Finance;5/14/2004, p13
Reports on the British Fire Brigades Union's agreement to suspend its conference and pull out of the proposed modernization program. Factors that influenced the union's decision.
- Fire service HR teams attack stubborn FBU. Nelson, Paul // Personnel Today;12/3/2002, p2
Reports that fire service human resource professionals have criticized the Fire Brigades Union for demanding a pay rise without committing to modernization in Great Britain. Managers who have criticized the union; Percent pay increase claimed by the union; Need for training fire service staff.
- Prescott threatens to impose firefighters' deal. Day, Karen // Public Finance;1/31/2003, p6
Reports on the deadline set for employers and the Fire Brigades Union to negotiate a settlement by John Prescott, deputy prime minister in Great Britain. Reference to the 1947 Fire Services Act; Development of regulations on pay, conditions and assets; Repeal of the Section 19 of the Act.
- Helmet Peak Volunteers Like Heat of Firefighting. DALENBERG, ALEX // Community College Week;9/6/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p14
The article focuses on the Helmet Peak Volunteer Fire Department in Green Valley, Arizona. The group is comprised of retired firefighters and some who are aiming to sign on to a professional department. The department's firefighters have completed basic firefighting courses and conduct Saturday...
- Training Achievement Award. // Fire Engineering;Jun2006, Vol. 159 Issue 6, p54
The article profiles firefighter Donald Abbott. He started his fire service career in Warren Township, Indiana Volunteer Department. In 1972, he became a career firefighter in the department and has been the coordinator of training and safety programs. He retired as the division chief of Special...
- Fired Up. Rozycki, Bob // Westchester County Business Journal;2/26/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p58
The article focuses on Angelo Mancino as volunteer fire fighter with the Larchmont Fire Department, New York. Mancino finished the initial fire fighter training classes in the summer of 2003. His first day as a fire fighter was on August 14, 2003. He has assisted at numerous incidents and taken...
- 4 FOR ALL. Ennis, Rick // Fire Chief;Oct2008, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p52
The article provides information on issues concerning the size-up process of fire chief officer. It states that the size-up must be based on the conditions and the potential situation involving the officer. The officers must continue the process throughout the incident as well as be willing and...
- Preparing for the New Position. Emrich, Matthew // Fire Engineering;Jul2008, Vol. 161 Issue 7, p126
The article offers advice for fire fighters on how to prepare for a new position. The author shares how he prepared himself for the position of lieutenant. He suggests that building and maintaining good relations with members are the cornerstones of a healthy organization. The author also...