Mobile Hazmat Lab to Hit Road Soon
- COMPANY NEWS. // Fire Chief;Nov2004, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p14
Reports that Pierce Manufacturing Inc. has entered a joint agreement with Vital Probes Inc. to construct its first-of-its-kind biological warfare defense vehicle for the United States Air Force. Details of the product's features and functions; Terms of the agreement between the companies.
- TestWorld to build all-year winter test facility in Finland. // European Rubber Journal;May/Jun2012, Vol. 194 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the plan of Test World Oy to build a 30 000 square metres (m2) all-year round indoor winter test centre for vehicles and tyres at the Mellatracks site near Ivalo in Northern Finland in 2012.
- CPA Approves New Testing Lab. // Official Board Markets;11/5/2011, Vol. 87 Issue 45, p14
The article reports on the approval by a protocol technical team of the Corrugated Packaging Alliance (CPA) for the construction of its Integrated Paper Services (IPS) Testing Experts laboratory in Appleton, Wisconsin.
- International Paint to Build Test Lab for Fire Protection. // JCT CoatingsTech;May2010, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p13
The article reports that the International Paint Protective Coatings will build a new testing facility for fire protection products in Felling, Great Britain.
- Beyond Sensors and Scopes. Dodson, Annie // Quality Progress;Apr2009, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p88
The article provides information on the use of lean tools in finding the solution in the problems of the design of an ideal laboratory. It offers suggestions from quality engineer Annie Dodson regarding a problem in a testing laboratory at a facility of Solutia Inc. in Pensacola, Florida. Steps...
- EMERGENCY VEHICLES TO BE DELIVERED TO AFGHANISTAN IN DECEMBER. // Army Logistician;Nov2008, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p50
The article reports on the contract awarded to Pierce Manufacturing Inc. by the U.S. Army Tank-automotive and Armaments Command to build emergency response vehicles. It states that the firm will build 68 Pierce minipumper fire emergency vehicles that will be used in emergency medical service,...
- market. // Railway Age;Jun2006, Vol. 207 Issue 6, p8
This article introduces the Rail Rescue fire truck from Pierce Manufacturing Inc. The fire truck is designed to reach rail-only-accessible derailments and accidents. Similar to a hi-rail vehicle, hydraulically deployed steel wheels are positioned behind the front and rear tires, Emergency...
- 360 PROTECTION ISN'T JUST BETTER BY DEGREES. IT'S A HIGHER LEVEL OF COMMITMENT TO YOUR SAFETY. // Fire Engineering;May2006, Vol. 159 Issue 5, p152
The article presents information on 360Â° Protection From Every Angle, a bumper-to-bumper program from Pierce Manufacturing Inc. The program has been developed to increase the safety of firefighters as they respond to fire and emergency calls. Pierce has introduced a proprietary independent...
- NEW DELIVERIES. // Fire Chief;Mar2006, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p86
The article features several rescue vehicles delivered to state fire departments in the U.S. The delivery includes a dash pumper from Pierce delivered to the fire department in Illinois, 2005 model of the Freedom Series pumper by Smeal Fire Apparatus for Manistique in Michigan, and the 2005...