- ACQUIRING, EXPANDING PRODUCT LINES INTO NEW MARKETS. // Fire Engineering;May2006, Vol. 159 Issue 5, p132
The article presents information on Akron Brass Co., an international manufacturer of fire equipment. The company has always tried to grow by acquiring and expanding their product lines into new markets. Following these acquisition, the range of Akron's product line has grown to to include...
- Apparatus deliveries. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Jun98, Vol. 151 Issue 6, p112
Features some of the trucks and equipment being used by various fire departments in the United States. KME Aerialcat acquired by the Athens-Clarke County Fire Department in Georgia; SEA-GRAVE aerial ladder truck by the Old Forge Fire Department in Pennsylvania; Application of the PIERCE quint...
- Fire Prevention Bureau. Zalesiak, Dave; Kiurski, Tom // Fire Engineering;Apr2006, Vol. 159 Issue 4, p223
The article describes several golf cart-type fire vehicles introduced by fire departments in the U.S. In August 1998, Skokie Fire Department built its modified golf-cart as a fire prevention vehicle which appeared as an old steam fire engine. Virginia Beach Fire Department also introduced its...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Apr2006, Vol. 159 Issue 4, p226
The article evaluates several fire trucks designed and used by several fire departments in the U.S. The Merseilles Fire Department designs its Alexis pumper. Saint Lawrence Fire Department uses its Rosenbauer rescue truck. Northfolk Fire Department designs its E-one pumper.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. MALECKY, JOHN M. // Fire Engineering;Sep2008, Vol. 161 Issue 9, p128
The article provides information on several fire fighting equipment used at various fire departments in the U.S. They include the Smeal pumper truck of the Plainview Rural Fire Protection District in Nebraska, the Pierce rescue pumper of the Junction City Fire Department in Kansas and the E-One...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. MALECKY, JOHN M. // Fire Engineering;Mar2009, Vol. 162 Issue 3, p153
The article provides information on several fire fighting equipment used at various fire departments in the U.S. They include the Ferrara quint of the Bayou Cane Fire Protection District in Houma, Louisiana, the Danko quick-unit of the Johnson County Fire Control District in Buffalo, Wyoming and...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. // Fire Engineering;Feb2011, Vol. 164 Issue 2, p120
The article previews several fire trucks, including the KME pumper of the Fairview Park Fire Department of Ohio and the Seagrave pumper/tanker and the Fouts Bros. light rescue truck of Varick Fire Department of New York.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. MALECKY, JOHN M. // Fire Engineering;Mar2011, Vol. 164 Issue 3, p238
A list of equipment used by fire departments is presented including the Model TC 1682 trailer of the Jersey City Fire Department in New Jersey, UPF 750-gallon water and 20-gallon foam tanks of the Yorkville Fire Department in New York, and Fort Garry Fire Trucks aircraft rescue and firefighting...
- FRI 2005 in Denver. // Minnesota Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p54
Focuses on the 2004 Fire Rescue International (FRI), a show of trucks, equipment and tools used in fire stations held in New Orleans, Louisiana. Schedule and venue of FRI 2005.