London Responders Trained in Texas
- RESIDENTIAL SEARCH AND RESCUE: REORDERING PRIORITIES. // Fire Engineering;Dec2005, Vol. 158 Issue 12, p77
The article presents information on the shortcomings in the search and rescue operations at a fire structure by fire departments. One of the major drawbacks of a search and rescue operation is that it lacks expertise. In this context various reasons behind the shortcomings are cited some...
- Forming a Ground Search and Rescue Team. RADTKE, LARRY // Fire Engineering;Oct2008, Vol. 161 Issue 10, p12
The article discusses the formation of a ground search and rescue team by the Blue Lake Township Fire Department. The team was created to immediately respond to missing person cases particularly during the summer when more people visit the region's vast wilderness. The nineteen-member team,...
- LOCAL TRENCH RESCUE. // UFRA Straight Tip;Jan2014, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p39
The article presents a photograph depicting four fire departments including Lehi, Orem, Provo and Pleasant Grove that lead the Special Response Team activity in Utah.
- SEARCHING SMARTER, PART 1: THE BASICS. Coleman, John F. (Skip) // Fire Engineering;Feb2001, Vol. 154 Issue 2, p99
Part I. Focuses on the training of firefighters on how to search for residential structure fires. Approaches used in searching; Responsibilities of search officers; Basic search strategies.
- SEARCHING SMARTER, PART 3: ADVANCED ORIENTED SEARCH. Coleman, John F. (Skip) // Fire Engineering;Apr2001, Vol. 154 Issue 4, p113
Part III. Deals with search situation methods that should be practiced by United States fire fighters. Use of a hoseline in conducting a search in commercial occupancies; Concerns related to the use of a search rope; Effectiveness of the oriented method in large residential apartment buildings.
- SCBA Confidence Course. Clark, Allen // Fire Engineering;Jan1995, Vol. 148 Issue 1, p112
Focuses on the SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus) Confidence Course offered by fire departments for retraining of its firefighters in the United States. Course features; Facility planning; Training methods; Training evolutions.
- Untitled. Puckett, Gary // Ellis County Press;5/19/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p1
The article offers information on the Control Training conducted by the Red Oak Fire Department (ROFD) of Red Oak, Texas at 408 South Highway 35E Service Road on May 13, 2011.
- Firefighters broaden rescue skills. Cano, Angele // Hub (Hay River, NT);7/25/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 22, p1
The article reports on the five-day technical rescue course of seven firefighters from Hay River Fire Department in Northwest, Territories in July 2012.
- Time to fine-tune training. Duncan, John R. // Fire Engineering;Aug98, Vol. 151 Issue 8, p10
Details how fire departments can meet the public's expectations on their performance. Implementation of effective training; Factors that enhance ineffective training session include poor selection and training of the trainer; Tips on how to implement fine-tuning training; Gathering of support...