Thousands Stand Down
- By Any Other Name. Morris, Gary // Fire Chief;Oct2005, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p44
Discusses the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) and International Association of Fire Fighters call for a safety stand down. Concern by both organizations about the number of firefighter fatalities that had occurred in the first months of 2005; Concept of safety stand downs; Case...
- Great Lakes Board focusses on three main areas during two day meeting. Esbensen, George // Minnesota Fire Chief;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p36
The article focuses on the two days of board meetings held by the Great Lakes Division of the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) in Minnesota from February 9-10, 2012. The main areas of interest covered during the meetings include shared services, the future of trade shows for the...
- Fire chiefs expand program for Fire-Rescue International. // Professional Safety;May95, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p66
Reports on the Fire-Rescue International '95 to be held on September 9-13, 1995 in Louisville, Kentucky. International Association of Fire Chiefs as co-sponsor.
- IAFC presentations include first `Chief of the Year' awards. // Fire Engineering;Dec96, Vol. 149 Issue 12, p27
Reports on the presentation of awards to firefighters at the 1996 Fire-Rescue International, sponsored by the International Association of Fire Chiefs. Selection of John Buckman as Volunteer Chief of the Year; Selection of Stephen Paulsell as Career Chief of the Year.
- IAFC Foundation awards 34 scholarships. // Fire Engineering;Dec96, Vol. 149 Issue 12, p28
Reports on the awarding of scholarships by the International Association of Fire Chiefs Foundation for 1996. Values of the prizes; Awardees; Companies providing some of the funding for the scholarships.
- IAFC offers five day-long seminars to open show. // American City & County;Aug94, Vol. 109 Issue 9, p23
Announces events of the Fire-Rescue International conference of the International Association of Fire Chiefs in St. Louis, Missouri.
- More sessions, exhibits on deck at fire-rescue `96. // Professional Safety;Apr96, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p53
Reports that Fire-Rescue International 1996 will be held from Ausgust 24 to August 28 in Kansas City, Missouri. Venue of the conference; Sponsorship from International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC); Issues to be discussed.
- IAFC LOSES NEAR-MISS FUNDING. // Fire Chief;Oct2012, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p11
The article informs that FIRE Grant Funding for the National Firefighters of International Association of Fire Chiefs will not be renewed.
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Goodwin, David; Foureur, Justin; Scandarato, Kenneth J. // Fire Engineering;Sep2014, Vol. 167 Issue 9, p48
Several letters to the editor are presented, namely, a letter in response to the article "One Man's Opinion a Right We Must Defend," by Bobby Halton in the May 2014 issue, a letter in which the sender talks about their experiences in attending the 2014 Fire Department Instructors Conference...