Prolonged Arterial Hemodynamic Disturbances in the Lower Limbs After Oral Use of Ergotamine
- Effects of hemodialysis on cardiac function. McIntyre, Christopher W. // Kidney International;Aug2009, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p371
Hemodialysis (HD) patients are subject to an enormous excess of cardiovascular morbidity and mortality. This appears to be largely driven by factors that are different from those at play in the general population. Chronic HD patients are already primed by a large number of structural and...
- Acute Posttraumatic Ischemia of the Limbs: Algodystrophy or Related Syndrome? A Prospective Study on a Series of 25 Patients. Pistorius, Marc-Antoine; Connault, Jerome; Kalassy, Chady; Goueffic, Yann; Planchon, Bernard // Angiology;Jun/Jul2008, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p301
The aim of this study was to present clinical and paraclinical features of a rarely studied vascular syndrome that usually occurs after a minor traumatic injury. The prospective study of 25 patients identified a group of young subjects, mainly women, generally with history of vascular...
- NEW APPROACH IN EVALUATING THE HEMODYNAMICS OF ISCHEMIC LEGS BY MASS SPECTROMETRY: A PRELIMINARY REPORT. Komoto, Y.; Kawakami, S.; Kasai, T.; Yamane, Y. // Angiology;Aug1977, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p568
Shows the hemodynamics of normal and ischemic legs by measuring partial pressures of tissue gases. Partial pressure of the anterior tibial muscle of ischemic limbs; Tissue gas analyses of other ischemic cases; Applications of the techniques to the study of vascular physiology.
- Amphetamine increases blood pressure and heart rate but has no effect on motor recovery or cerebral haemodynamics in ischaemic stroke: a randomized controlled trial (ISRCTN 36285333). Sprigg, N.; Willmot, M. R.; Gray, L. J.; Sunderland, A.; Pomeroy, V.; Walker, M.; Bath, P. M. W. // Journal of Human Hypertension;Aug2007, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p616
Amphetamine enhances recovery after experimental ischaemia and has shown promise in small clinical trials when combined with motor or sensory stimulation. Amphetamine, a sympathomimetic, might have haemodynamic effects in stroke patients, although limited data have been published. Subjects were...
- TIA--Treacherously Inaccurate Acronym. Fred, Herbert L. // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2002, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p314
Deals with the difficulty of diagnosing transient ischemic attacks (TIA). Nonvascular disorders mimicking TIA.
- Ischemia and intersecting stapling: the Achilles' heel of problematic low rectal anastomoses. Tang, W.-H.; Friess, H. // Techniques in Coloproctology;Aug2013, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p463
A letter to the editor is presented related to ischemia and intersecting stapling.
- THE LOGICAL MANAGEMENT OF CHRONIC ULCERS OF THE LEG. Boyd, A. M.; Jepson, R. P.; Ratcliffe, A. Hall; Phil, D.; Rose, S. S. // Angiology;Jun1952, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p207
i) Three common types of chronic ulcer of the leg have been defined; ii) The necessity of assessing the nature and degree of the associated vascular deficiency has been stressed; iii) The use of a universal treatment for all ulcers irrespective of cause is condemned and plea made for a more...
- REDUCTION OF BLOOD FLOW FOLLOWING ISCHEMIA IN ARTERIOPATHIC PATIENTS: REVERSION OF THE PHENOMENON INDUCED BY PROPRANOLOL. Brevetti, Gregorio; Rengo, Franco; Chiariello, Massimo; Paudice, Giampaolo; Lavecchia, Giuseppe; Condorelli, Mario // Angiology;Oct1977, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p687
In most arteriopathic patients, the release of a transitory ischemia in the affected limb reduces blood flow, instead of increasing it as in normal subjects. In this study the effects of propranolol administration on this paradoxical response have been investigated. After rheographic tracings...
- Capillary Microscopy Is a Diagnostic Aid in Patients with Acral Ischemia. Ubbink, D. Th.; Janssen, H. A. M.; Schreurs, M. M. A.; Jacobs, M. J. H. M. // Angiology;Jan1995, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p59
The diagnosis of peripheral ischemic diseases is a challenge to the vascular specialist, since discrimination of the different entities on clinical grounds is not always clear. Capillary microscopy is a noninvasive diagnostic technique that can visualize in particular the morphology and...