How to Get Your Channels Bonded
- Cable Rocks 2nd Quarter. Halstead, Thomas; Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;7/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p10
The article looks at the performance of cable networks in the United States during the period of March 31, 2008 to June 27, 2008. Cable networks have earned a 59 primetime household share during the period. Advertisement-supported cable gained more than 2.5 million households. It shows that the...
- "Tough Test in New York: Can Wired City Be Made to Pay?". Leab, Daniel J. // Columbia Journalism Review;Jan/Feb1974, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p72
This article provides information on the article Tough Test in New York: Can Wired City Be Made to Pay?" which appeared in the October 29, 1973 issue of Broadcasting. This is a fascinating and comprehensive case study of cable-TV operations in Manhattan. The two companies that offer the cable...
- And now a Word…. // Multichannel News;5/19/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p18A
The article reports on the advertisements aired on cable television. It focused on how the local and regional spots played out against the conventional wisdom. There were plenty of advertisements for car dealerships â€” the No. 1 local category. Retailers were also in force....
- The Book of Ironies. Jessell, Harry A. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/12/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 19, p45
Focuses on ironies related to the dispute between the big media companies and cable operators regarding the broadcast of television programs in various cities of the U.S. Impact of the legislation involving television programming rights on cable operators and media companies; Complain of cable...
- ESPN Still Tops With Operators: Beta. // Multichannel News;1/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p8
Discusses findings of a 2003 Beta Research cable-operator survey on channel carriage released in the U.S. in January 2004. Top valued channel among cable operators; Network that operators most interested in carrying; Top-mentioned basic network among operators with regard to helping operators...
- Upfront 2004: Gloom for Nets; Zoom for Cable. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/23/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 8, p1
Presents an update on broadcast networks in the U.S. as of February 2004. Possible decline of the broadcast upfront market; Increase in cable television revenue.
- Legal Issues Concerning Cable Television: The Greek Case. Iosifidis, Petros C.; Kiki, Joanna P. // Communications & the Law;Jun2000, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p5
Examines several issues concerning cable television (TV). Historical development of cable TV; Potential of cable TV; Legal delimitation of the medium; Access to cablecasting time with reference to Greek legal order.
- Cable Picture Looks Sharper For 2001, Especially Top Names. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;12/18/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the positive outlook for the cable television industry for the year 2001.
- TR!O Breaks Boundaries and Builds a Cult Following. Kokernak, Michael // Response;Aug2003, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p7
Features the cable network, TR!O. Growth of TR!O's net ad revenue in 2003; Services offered; TR!O's budget for programming costs.
- Madison, Wis. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;02/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p6
Presents information about the state of the cable television broadcasting industry in Madison, Wisconsin as of February 26, 2001. Optimism of station managers that the market has a healthy economy and local advertising is up; Total amount in cable television revenues expected to be generated by...