Channel Bonding Gives Ops Data Edge
- Analysts: Satellite TV May Be Reaching Peak In Canadian Market. Careless, James // Satellite News;7/17/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the future of satellite TV in the Canadian market. Comparison of the growth of satellite TV, cable TV and direct-to-home services; Limitations of satellite TV; Plan of Bell Expressvu to make it more competitive against cable.
- Satellite TV comes down to earth. // Consumer Reports;Jul2000, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p19
Compares the value of satellite dishes with that of cable television in the United States. Echostar; DirecTV; Quality of satellite programming; How to choose a satellite provider; Recommendations. INSET: Media giants clash, viewers suffer.
- Empty Screens. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/19/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 38, p14
Considers the absence of quality TV programs on video-on-demand (VOD) offered by cable operators in the U.S. Competition between TV content providers and distributors; Advantages of VOD over digital broadcast satellite services; Cost of buying VOD services; Limitation of data on VOD...
- Telecommunications: Subscriber Rates and Competition in the Cable Television Industry: GAO-04-262T. Goldstein, Mark L. // GAO Reports;3/25/2004, p1
In recent years, rates for cable service have increased at a faster pace than the general rate of inflation. GAO agreed to (1) examine the impact of competition on cable rates and service, (2) assess the reliability of information contained in the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) annual...
- Sky high. Shore, Sandy // Marketing News;9/15/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 15, p52
Examines the competition between satellite and cable television services in the U.S. Advantages of satellite over cable television; Growth in satellite television subscription; Net loss posted by the cable industry in the first half of 2004.
- Satellite Taking Customers Away From Cable Operators. // Response;Sep2004, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p10
Reports on a study conducted by Kagan Research LLC which shows that cable television service are losing subscriber households due to satellite services provider in the U.S. Number of households who are moving from cable service to satellite service provider; Combined subscriber loses of Comcast...
- Cable Television, and Satellite Broadcasting. Harwood, A. J. // BKSTS Journal;May1983, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p192
If you were to ask anyone who has a connection with broadcasting where future developments are most to be expected their reply would almost certainly contain at least one of three topics, satellites, cable television and video recording. This paper is about the first two and what effect these...
- 'Cable TV and Satellite Broadcasting' Discussion. // BKSTS Journal;May1983, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p198
The article presents questions and answers related to cable television and satellite broadcasting. One reader asks the effect of the cost of making cable available to a sizeable portion of the population on the broadcasters. Another reader asks whether using a multiplexed analogue components...
- Where Are Cord-Cutters? Signing Up for Cable, Satellite. // Television Week;3/2/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p24
The article reports on the growth of satellite television in the U.S. It states that many consumers are leaving cable and turning to satellite and telecommunication companies. It mentions that satellite companies have always campaigned harder on the value proposition and most offer better...