- This Just in. // Multichannel News;7/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p8
Presents news items related to the field of cable television and telecommunication as of July 28, 2003 in the U.S. Appointment of two independent members to board of directors by Adelphia Communications Corp.; Launch of men's channel Mav'rick Entertainment Network; Selection of National cable...
- CABLE: PARENTAL AIDS TO GET HIGHER PROFILE. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;3/29/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p54
Reports on effort of cable companies to offer content control for parents in the U.S. Response of parents to the offer; Cost of channel blocking provided by Adelphia Communications Corp. and Charter Communications Inc.; Statement from Comcast Cable president Steve Burke about content control.
- Key Hires at Charter, Adelphia. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/24/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p2
Charter Communications Inc. and Adelphia Communications Corp., the troubled MSO in the cable sector, made changes in their management teams in the week preceding March 24, 2003. St. Louis, Missouri-based Charter as part of its plans to restructure its operations into five geographic divisions,...
- CLOSING PRICES. // Multichannel News;9/8/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 36, p34
Presents charts of changes in the stock prices of several cable television operators, programmers, equipment vendors and telecommunication companies in the U.S. from August 26 to September 2, 2003.
- FOR THE RECORD. // Multichannel News;4/7/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p63
Presents news briefs related to the U.S. cable television and broadcasting industry as of April 07, 2003. Efforts of Charter Communications Inc. to extend its plant to the home of U.S. Army prisoner of war Jessica Lynch; Introduction of video-on-demand systems by RCN Corp. to 110,000 homes in...
- Buyers Want Quality. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;9/22/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p32
Assesses the valuation of subscription to cable TV networks in the U.S. in 2003. Value of the cable TV systems sold by RCN Corp. and Charter Communications Inc.; Analysis of Kagan Media senior vice president Robin Flynn on valuations; Forecast on the revenue from media services.
- Debt Sale Boosts C-COR.net. // Multichannel News;11/10/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p30
Reports on the performance of C-COR.net Corp. in the cable television industry as of November 10, 2003. Statement from the cable equipment vendor regarding plans to sell debt claims for money owned by Adelphia Communications Corp.; Increase in the price of stocks.
- Media firms feel disclosure sting. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;4/8/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p28
Focuses on the finances of television firms in the U.S. Devaluation of the stocks of Adelphia Communications; Impact of financial strategy of public corporations on the industry; Indication of the financial statements of media companies.
- Adelphia Doings:. // CableFAX Daily;9/25/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 185, p2
The article reports on the plans of Mecklenburg County in North Carolina to bid for a cable system of Adelphia Communication Corp. The county and towns are considering spending $80 million to enter the bid. The county's franchise agreement gives it the right to buy the operation. Time Warner...