Small Ops Say Some Options For E911 Would Hurt Them
- FCC E911 And Unbundling Rulings Add To VoIP Cost. Scoblete, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;8/22/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p41
This article reports on U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rulings that may increase cost of voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) telephony, as of August 2005. As the FCC moves to envelope VoIP into its regulatory framework, distinguishing cost savings of VoIP will erode. The FCC...
- At the Portals:. // CableFAX Daily;8/11/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 155, p1
The article reports on the support of the National Cable Television Association to the plans of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to extend USF obligations to interconnected Voice Over Internet Protocol providers. The association, however, believes that the FCC should change its...
- Stalking the IP golden egg. Lafferty, Michael // CED;Apr2000, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p46
Reports on the competition to provide Internet Protocol (IP) telephony. Conversion into reality of the voice over Internet Protocol through cable television networks; Advantages of IP telephony aside from cost savings; Issues concerning standards, service and other problems.
- Operators Kick the Tires on Voice-Encryption Strategies. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p31
Focuses on the display of a cable telephony voice-encryption service at Cable Television Laboratories Inc.'s conference by cable operators Nuera Communications Inc., Syndeo Corp. and InnoMedia Inc. Advantages of voice encryption service; Compliance of CableLabs standards by the...
- The mother of all networks. Tudor, Geoffrey; Young, Holland // CED;Aug2002, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p73
Reports on the efforts of cable television operators to expand their business beyond service transport technologies. Planned migration to a unified all-Internet Protocol (IP) network topology; Transition to a unified IP network.
- Comcast Rises to VolP Challenge. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;9/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p3
Reports the legitimacy of Internet-protocol telephony in the cable industry in the U.S. Requisite research for the technology; Reduction of capital expenditures; Security of capital investment of the industry.
- Back in the Saddle. Barthold, Jim // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Apr2004, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p16
Focuses on the rollout of trial voice over Internet protocol services in the U.S. Duplication of circuit-switched features; Competition among cable operators.
- UP FOR GRABS. Olgeirson, Ian // Cable World (10427228);7/14/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p29
Presents information on projected softswitch sales for cable voice over Internet Protocol.
- Cable's Blossoming Future. Barthold, Jim // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jul2004, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p6
Comments on projected telecommunications offerings from the cable industry. Super-high-speed data services for both residential and commercial customers; Ubiquitous voice-over-Internet-protocol telephone tied to video and high-speed data offerings; Networking of diverse devices under the control...