Fla. Sub Suit Can Proceed
- MSO Pair Face RICO Lawsuit. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;7/9/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p2
Reports the lawsuit filed by the borough of Blawnox against AT&T Broadband and Comcast Corporation in Pennsylvania. Violation of racketeering laws by the cable network operators; Details on the conflict; Expectations of both networks for a dismissal of case.
- Bay State PEG Provider Sues AT&T. Estrella, Joe // Multichannel News;03/26/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p24
Reports on the lawsuit filed by Cambridge Community Television against AT&T Broadband. Alleged violation of cable license; Details of the lawsuit.
- A case to watch. Teinowitz, Ira // Advertising Age;1/14/2002, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p62
This article focuses on an antitrust lawsuit filed by Boston, Massachusetts advertising agency Prime Communications, against AT&T Broadband. In its suit, Prime Communications contends AT&T tried to use its local cable monopoly to force advertisers to buy its cable advertisements and other...
- Attorneys at Law. . . class actions. Ashman, Allan // American Bar Association Journal;May77, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p704
Discusses the ruling of the New York County Supreme Court on the case, Guadagno v. Diamond Tours. Court's rejection of motions to have Thomas A. Dickerson and the law firm which he is an associate, the Shea Gould Climenko and Casey, disqualified as counsel in a class action lawsuit; Case...
- Canadians go to class-actions, that is. Chenard, Pierre D.; Murphy, Patrick M. // Corporate Legal Times;Sep99, Vol. 9 Issue 94, p1
Presents a roundtable discussion on class-action lawsuits in Canada. Vulnerability of certain industrial sectors to such lawsuits; Risks of jury trials; Experiences of roundtable participants with class actions.
- Offers of Judgment and Tenders of Relief Before Class Certification. Davis, John C. // Florida Bar Journal;Nov2002, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p10
Discusses the effect of offers of judgment and tenders of relief to class representatives before the class certification determination is made. Potential of class action procedure for large judgments and negative publicity; Fiduciary duty of class representatives and their counsel to protect...
- Miami Jury Can Weigh Damages Beyond Tobacco Firms' Worth. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;07/10/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30928, p32
Reports on a class-action `sick smokers' case in Miami, Florida. Assessment of punitive damages; Financial sources that will be considered beyond the companies' net worth.
- Class action common fund orders a potential game-changer. Drinnan, Ross; Campbell, Jenny // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);7/17/2015, p32
The article focuses on the current campaign by litigation funders for what are often referred to as common fund orders, and its potential to change the class action regime.
- Class action shake-up goes for leaner look. Papadakis, Marianna // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);8/14/2015, p33
The article reports that there are changes in competition in the class actions as boutique firms are concentrating on niche areas and new contenders with leaner models are disrupting entrenched market players.