- BRIEFS. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 7, p24
Presents news briefs on television and cable broadcasting in the U.S. as of February 2005. Decision of WNIT to add the Sundance Digital FastBreak automation system; Background on a new means of checking the quality of outgoing video and audio of content providers; Description of cameras to be...
- NFL kicks one through the uprights. Learmonth, Michael; McClintock, Pamela; Adalian, Josef // Variety;4/25/2005, Vol. 398 Issue 10, p19
Focuses on the deal between the U.S. National Football League and cable television network ESPN in May 2005. Comments on the reliance of the League to the performance of television broadcasting companies; Background of the agreement between the League and NBC in 1939; Importance of the League...
- Matching ratings to ad $$, ESPN comes out tops. Mandese, Joe // Advertising Age;4/12/1999, Vol. 70 Issue 16, ps2
This article reports that ESPN cable television network has derived more pure value per advertising impression delivered than any other U.S. programmer on television. It is difficult to isolate all the subjective factors that influence the price marketers pay to advertise on television, but the...
- Cable TV: Cold. Ward, Adrienne // Advertising Age;10/14/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 44, pS-18
Presents an update on cable television programming in the U.S. as of October 1991. Opportunity posed by the wars covered by CNN; Setback faced by ESPN in covering sporting events.
- INDUSTRY STOCKS. // Multichannel News;10/25/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p44
Presents updates on the cable television programming industry in the U.S. as of October 2004. Decrease in earnings posted by Convergys Corp. for the year; List of the top cable companies in the country; Rights sought by XM Satellite Radio to air Major League Baseball games.
- September's a Blockbuster for Basic Cable. eynolds, Mike; Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;9/15/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 37, p22
Reports on an increase in the ratings of cable TV shows in the U.S. in September 2003. Percentage of increase in the ratings; Average rating of Turner Network Television; Number of viewers who watched sports service.
- ESPN Is Looking Ahead to Changes. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;9/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p8
Reports on the changes planned by ESPN television sports network in the U.S. before its 26th anniversary in 2005. List of shows added to the network; Launch of the program SportsCenter outside the country; Webcasts of hockey games offered at ESPN Broadband.
- Stern: NBA Needs Tiers. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/1/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p50
Reports on the plans of NBA TV regarding its growth and its high definition television (HDTV) programming in the U.S. for the 2004-2005 season. Deals of the cable sports network with several cable companies; Views of David Stern, National Basketball Association commissioner, on the distribution...
- Basic Nets Thrive Into New Broadcast Season. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;9/29/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p16
Reports on the performance of cable television networks in the U.S. in the first week of the 2003-2004 television season. Increase in the ratings of advertising-supported cable; Rating of the "Sunday Night Football" coverage of the National Football League's game between the Miami Dolphin and...