Big Business in Tiny Tots
- Cable `toons' in to animation. Moss // Multichannel News;09/20/99 Supplement, Vol. 20, p12A
Reports on the increase in the popularity of cartoon television programs among cable television networks in the United States. `Rugrats' television program's domination of cable television ratings; Increase in the rating of the Cartoon Network; Cable television networks' investment in original...
- Disney XD engages kids 6-14 with strong creative content. // Adweek;2/15/2010, Vol. 51 Issue 7, pK4
The article, part of a special advertising section, focuses on the cable television network Disney XD, which offers animated and live-action programs aimed at children ages 6-14. The operations of the network's Web site are discussed. Brief descriptions are presented of various television...
- Profile: Cartoon Network. Smith, Byron // B&T Weekly;4/2/2004, Vol. 54 Issue 2466, p23
Reports on developments concerning the Cartoon Network in Australia as of April 2, 2004. Plans of the cartoon channel to launch several shows in Australia; Cartoon Network's plan to position itself as the destination for those who like contemporary cartoons; Competition between Boomerang and...
- Spaniards rev up toon production. Geitz, Christopher // Variety;12/20/2004, Vol. 397 Issue 5, p27
Presents information on the move to improve the television studios in Barcelona to transform the state into Spain's television animation capital. Search by television animators for creative funding solutions; Impact of cable television on the timeslots dedicated to children's programming;...
- Population explosion. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;09/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p27
Focuses on increase in children cable television programming in the United States. Reference to the launch of Fox Broadcasting Company's Family Channel; Plans of Nickelodeon cable network to launch a trio of digital-tier networks in January of 1999; Expansion of the Discovery Kids and Learning...
- Family shows find new auds. Mallory, Michael // Variety;03/26/2001, Vol. 382 Issue 6, pM31
Provides information on children's television programs and animated series in the United States. Ratings of the family-oriented shows `The Gilmore Girls' and `Seventh Heaven'; Discussion on the preferences of children and teenage viewers; Details on the television programming of Nickelodeon and...
- Discovery Toons It Up. Schmuckler, Eric // MediaWeek;4/7/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p5
Reports on the plan of Discovery Kids on NBC to add two animation shows in its programming. Efforts of the cable channel to improve its ratings; Information on the animated shows; Significance of animation to the cable channel's marketing.
- Tak & the Power of Juju. Richmond, Ray // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/31/2007, Vol. 400 Issue 49, p34
The article reviews the animated television program "Tak & the Power of Juju," of the television network Nickelodeon.
- Japan will soon `toon in.' // Christian Science Monitor;6/12/97, Vol. 89 Issue 138, p12
Presents information on Cartoon Network Japan, Japan's first 24-hour cartoon channel. When airing will begin; Features of the channel; Comments made by Mike Byrd, managing director of Turner Broadcasting System Asia Pacific Incorporated.