THROUGH THE WIRE
- Western Show Highlights Over the Years. // Television Week;12/1/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p30
Focuses on significant events in the history of the Western Show of the cable television industry in the U.S. Relocation of the show to Anaheim, California in 1972; Information on an announcement made by executive Ted Turner during the 1978 show regarding a cable news service; Theme of the 16th...
- HBO leads the list. L.R. // Broadcasting & Cable;08/04/97, Vol. 127 Issue 32, p34
Cites the Home Box Office (HBO) cable television network for garnering 90 nominations in the 1997 Prime Time Emmy Awards for American television. National Broadcasting Co.'s (NBC) 89 nominations; Most talked-about original movies aired on HBO; Nominations for best drama and comedy; Comedian...
- HBO. Kit, Borys // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/23/2003, Vol. 380 Issue 23, p14
This article focuses on the party organized by the cable television network HBO to celebrate its success at the annual Emmy Awards in the U.S. as of September 23, 2003. It was a very big and lavish party. Small metallic bugs decorated tables and chairs and were pocketed affectionately by guests....
- Interactive TV Gets a Big Boost. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;2/13/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p3
The article focuses on the decision of cable television network CNN to launch its first major one-screen interactive television (ITV) application that will run along with its linear cable channel and to EchoStar subscribers in the U.S. The one-screen ITV allows viewers to interact with...
- Emmys. // CableFAX Daily;2/9/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p2
Presents information on the total number of Emmy awards nominations received by several cable television networks in the U.S. Discovery Kids; Cartoon network; Showtime; Disney.
- There's No Coming Back From a Bad First Impression. Neel, K.C. // Cable World (10427228);9/8/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p10
Comments on the kind of customer service provided by companies in the cable television industry in the U.S. DirectTV; EchoStar; Comcast.
- DBS providers set brisk pace. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;01/11/99, Vol. 129 Issue 2, p70
Provides information on the growth of subscribers of several cable television (TV) networks in the United States. Information on DirecTV's sales; EchoStar's Dish Network; Acquisition plans of Primestar.
- EchoStar Forced To Pull 4 Local Stations. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;06/12/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p4
Highlights the decision of EchoStar's DISH Network to pull four local television stations from its local television services in the United States. Direct-to-home satellite provider's failure to reach a retransmission deal with the affiliate stations by the mandated May 30, 2000 deadline; Number...
- PROGRAMMING BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;12/22/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 51, p11
Presents news briefs on the cable television industry in the U.S. as of December 22, 2003. List of the cable TV shows that are nominated in the Golden Globe Awards; Scope of the service of direct-broadcast satellite provider Dish Network of EchoStar Communications Corp.; Carriage deals forged...