DISH ADS: 'TV SUCKS'
- That's Advertainment! Figler, Andrea // Cable World (10427228);9/23/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p16
Reports on the trend in integrating advertising and entertainment in cable television. Plan of Brief Original Broadcasts to launch a digital channel; Creative work of Nike; Tests conducted on the pricing of the service. INSET: CLUTTER AS CONTENT.
- To Live and Watch Ads in L.A. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;5/19/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p20A
The article focuses on the variety of advertisements shown on cable television in the U.S. In the morning time zone, Fox News Channel and Cable News Network glued to coverage of a tainted mail scare out of Washington state. In USA Network, showing the theatrical Loser, there's a local spot for...
- Cable connects with advertisers. Cooper, Jim // Adweek Midwest Edition;09/20/99, Vol. 40 Issue 38, Media Outlook p38
Provides information on the condition of cable television industry. Projections for cable's future; Conclusion of Veronis, Suhler in its annual Communications Industry Forecast, a report on advertisers; Details on Veronis' report on the total day ratings for all of cable.
- BBC offering new ad choices with show 'Junctions'. // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;10/17/2003, p6
BBC World has introduced what it calls Dynamic Junctions during program breaks for quick updates on news, finance, weather and upcoming shows. The new section also provides marketers with another advertising optionâ€” logo placements in one of three data boxes which appear alongside the...
- Cable Clutter on the Rise. Bachman, Katy // MediaWeek;9/15/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 33, p5
Presents information on a report from Court TV concerning the broadcasting of commercials and non-program messages during prime-time hours by U.S. cable and broadcast networks, as of September 2003. Average time of commercial clutter during a prime-time hour; Impact of clutters on negotiations...
- HBO READY TO HELP LI'L BUDDY CINEMAX. Dempsey, John // Variety;7/1/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 7, p16
Talks about the support given by cable television network Home Box Office (HBO) to its sister channel Cinemax, through advertisements in its network,in July 2002 in the U.S. Decline in the subscriber count of Cinemax; Percentage of pay-TV households in the U.S. which order HBO as their first...
- CABLE IS MAKING TV EVEN BETTER. Alter, Robert H. // USA Today Magazine;Jan90, Vol. 118 Issue 2536, p25
Examines the growth of cable television in the U.S. Advantages of cable television over network television; Factors for the growth of cable television; Reasons for advertisers' preference for cable over network television.
- Court TV Gets On Ad Clutter's Case. Bachman, Katy // Adweek Eastern Edition;9/15/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 36, p8
Stepping in where the American Association of Advertising Agencies and the Association of National Advertisers left off, Court TV has revisited the state of commercial clutter with its own analysis, which focuses predominately on the cable networks. Court TV's analysis and the 4A's/ANA study are...
- ESPN Tops in Ad Sales Value. // Cable World (10427228);7/21/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p4
Reports on the value of sports network ESPN in terms of local ad sales, based on a survey of cable operator executives to be released in July 2003. Contribution of Discovery Channel to local ad sales; List of top highly rated networks for local ad sales revenue.