Voom Pitches HD Nets: Distributors Bite?
- Echostar Adds Local HD Channels. // Satellite Today;3/3/2006, Vol. 5 Issue 42, p5
This article reports on local high-definition television channels to be launched by Echostar Communications Corp. The channels will be launched in Denver, Colorado and 61 surrounding counties in the U.S.
- High Definition means working from Home. // TVB Europe;Sep2000, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p72
Describes a high definition television (HDTV) broadcasting facility of Home in London, England. Potential of (HDTV); Explanation on HDTV; How the company sees the future of film and television.
- European HDTV: Is there a brighter picture ahead? Forrester, Chris // TVB Europe;Aug2002, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p15
Comments on the outlook for high definition television in Europe in 2002. Background on the format; Market for the technology; Response of the U.S. market to the technology.
- NUCOMM dual digital HD/NTSC STL. THOMAS, DAVID O. // Broadcast Engineering;Feb99, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p106
Focuses on high definition television (HDTV) STL systems. Areas to consider when planning a HDTV STL; Two types of `all digital' HDTV STL systems; Dual digital HDTV STL system; Conclusion.
- Ours, theirs or Europe's? // Broadcast Engineering;Nov98, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p24
Reports on the trial run of China's prototype high-definition television (HDTV) system. Examination of both the ATSC and European Digital Video Broadcast standards; Formation of an HDTV research and development coordinating team; Importance of the Chinese market to developers of HDTV-related...
- Visionary choice for OB. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Jul2003, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p26
Discusses the application of high definition (HD) technology to outside broadcasts (OB) in Europe. Lack of requirement in Europe for high definition coverage of OB; Visions' HD1 vehicle; Use of HD1 to cover football, tennis and current affairs in standard definition with HD archive.
- HDTV household penetration to surpass 50 percent by 2016, says report. // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;3/20/2012, p6
The article reports that high definition-ready households in 40 nations will increase from 25.9 percent to 50.9 percent in 2016, based on the MarketResearch.com report "HDTV, 3DTV and DVR Forecasts."
- Ed Op. Gloede, W.F. // Cable World (10427228);5/6/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p110
Talks about the opportunity presented by high-definition television (TV) for the cable industry in the U.S. as of May 2002. Efforts of television networks to comply with the Federal Communications Commission mandate to broadcast high-definition TV to consumers; Recommendations for industry...
- Post Houses Walk High-Def High Wire. Karon, Paul // Variety;10/12/98, Vol. 372 Issue 9, p28
Focuses on some points to consider in applying high definition television (HDTV) technology in the television industry. Proper timing in buying HDTV-compatible editing and finishing equipment; Cost of labor.