Eli Lilly Breaks The Repatriation Ice
- MERRILL'S ON THE BALL. Lindorff, Dave // On Wall Street;Sep2007, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p19
The article states that Merrill Lynch is being held in a report by competitor Goldman Sachs as the one to beat. With the acquisition of First Republic earlier in 2007, Merrill is now considered one of the top private wealth management (PWM) firms in the U.S. About 20% of the company's revenues...
- TRADEWATCH. // Pensions & Investments;8/23/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 17, p12
The article presents information on the U.S. equity trading. Large capitalization brokers included, Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc., Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs & Co., Citigroup Global Markets Inc. and UBS Securities.
- FINANCIAL M&A SEES THIRD-HIGHEST YEAR ON RECORD. Conrad, Lee // U.S. Banker;Apr2007, Vol. 117 Issue 4, p40
The article reports that the total of mergers and acquisitions in the financial sector in 2006 with a total deal value of $108.6 billion is the third highest only after $288.5 billion set in 1998 and $130 billion in 2004. The total number of deals in 2006 is compared with that of other years....
- Tradewatch. // Pensions & Investments;11/10/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 23, p16
The article lists core brokers and specialty brokers on the basis of ranks in the U.S., which include Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs, and Stanford Group.
- Lehman, Goldman Seen Lowering Targets. Kulikowski, Laurie // American Banker;5/3/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 84, p2
Reports that Morgan Stanley downgraded Lehman Brothers and Goldman Sachs Group Inc. Claim by Morgan Stanley that a weaker trading environment could cause them to lower their second-quarter earnings estimates; Downgrading of the investment banking companies from "overweight" to "equal weight";...
- Insider traders caught. // BRW;4/20/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p97
The article reports that junior employees at Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. and Goldman Sachs Group Inc. are charged with making 6.7 million U.S. dollars on insider-trading schemes in the U.S.
- Analyst: Merrill 3Q Earnings to Plunge. // American Banker;9/27/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 187, p19
The author reports that analysts at Goldman Sachs Group Inc. lowered the earning expectations of Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. According to the article, earning expectations were lowered from $1.95 a share to 15 cents a share for the third quarter of 2007, due to a potential loss by Merrill Lynch of...
- GLOBAL AWARDS. // Global Finance;Jun2005, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p34
Highlights the best investment banks for 2005 in the global category as chosen by the periodical "Global Finance". Factors that made Goldman Sachs and Co. the best investment bank globally for the year; Worth of proceeds raised by Merrill Lynch and Co. Inc. which made the institution the...
- Goldman, Merrill Bulk Up Even as They Opt Out. Melville, Richard // American Banker;6/18/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 116, p9
Reports the non-participation of Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. and the Goldman Sachs Group Inc. in an initial public offering for Kraft Foods Inc. in the U.S. Refusal of Merrill Lynch and Goldman Sachs to participate in lending to the company; Characterization of the shift of market forces;...