The Mouse in The 21st Century
- Disney Decision Leaves Boards In The Lurch. Nicholas, Adele // Corporate Legal Times;Oct2005, Vol. 15 Issue 167, p30
Reports on Delaware Chief Chancery Court Judge William Chandler III's ruling in a shareholder derivative suit in January 1997 seeking to hold Disney's board liable for the losses the company sustained. Controversy concerning the board's approval of former Disney President Michael S. Ovitz's...
- EISNER GETS THE LAST LAUGH. Goldsmith, Jill; Shprintz, Janet // Daily Variety;8/10/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the decision of the court that directors including CEO Michael Eisner and chairman George Mitchell do not have to reimburse Walt Disney Co. for a severance payout to Michael Ovitz in Delaware. Conclusion of the court that Eisner and the directors all acted in good faith in Ovitz's...
- Ovitz: I was Santa Claus. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;11/2/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 22, p1
Reports on the testimony of former Walt Disney Co. president Michael Ovitz during a hearing of a case filed by shareholders against the company's board of directors in a Delaware court. Shareholders' complaints against the board of directors for approving the severance package received by Ovitz;...
- Ovitz gifts cause rift. Donahue, Ann // Daily Variety;11/9/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 28, p1
The article reports on the paper trail of alleged ethics violations by the CEO of Disney Michael Ovitz which took center stage Monday at the $140 million Disney shareholders' lawsuit under way in Delaware. Former Mouse House board member and Disney outgoing CEO Michael Eisner personal attorney...
- Board balm - or just plain barmy? // New Zealand Management;Sep2005, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p11
Reports on a court ruling on the case which dealt with the severance pay to former Walt Disney president Michael Ovitz. Possible impact of the court ruling on the directors of the company; Overview of the court ruling.
- Eisner called the shots. Donahue, Ann // Daily Variety;11/30/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the testimony of the board members of Walt Disney Co. regarding the hiring and firing practices of the company in the shareholder lawsuit in Delaware. Failure of the company to examine the financial details of Michael Ovitz prior to his hiring; Questions on the validity of the...
- It's a wrap for Ovitz trial. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;1/20/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 17, p1
Reports on the termination of the trial of former Walt Disney director Michael Ovitz as part of the lawsuit filed by shareholders against the company's board, for inking a no-fault termination that allowed Ovitz to leave with large amount of severance pay. Background on the case; Names of expert...
- DELAWARE'S OPEN-MIKE NIGHT. Learmonth, Michael; Gray, Timothy // Variety;11/1/2004, Vol. 396 Issue 11, p5
Presents updates on the lawsuit filed by Disney shareholders against company executive Michael Ovitz as of November 7, 2004. Allegations against Ovitz; Testimonials concerning the lawsuit given by Ovitz; Annual pay being received by Ovitz from the company.
- 'Cut Out Like a Cancer' Jefferson, David J. // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);11/8/2004 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 144 Issue 19, p6
Discusses the business court case between former Disney executive Michael Ovitz, and Walt Disney Company. Testimony of Ovitz, claiming Disney turned against him; Accusations against Michael Eisner's character; Opinions of Ovitz from the shareholders' attorneys.