- Burnout: The Culmination Of Long-Term Stress. Hunsaker, Johanna S. // Industrial Management;Nov/Dec86, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p24
Focuses on the management of job stress. Assessment of lifestyle and values clarification; Control of energy expenditure patterns; Increase of capital in employee training.
- LOS RR.HH. EN 2038. Esteban, Juan Antonio // Capital Humano;oct2013, Vol. 26 Issue 280, p08
No abstract available.
- Focusing on Well being. HOWELL, NIKKI // Human Resources Magazine;Jun/Jul2014, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p2
The author emphasizes the importance of having a holistic approach to a program focusing on workplace well-being of employees. Topics include the value of having employees complete a questionnaire on lifestyle and family history, the approach designed to assist employees which includes focusing...
- The 10 Commandments of Development. Briscoe, Dennis R. // Training & Development Journal;Aug87, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p54
Discusses principles under which successful employee development programs operate. Learning and development at the work place; Skill requirements of different jobs; Importance of job challenges; Coping with job stress.
- Are you burning out valuable resources? Moore, Jo Ellen // HR Magazine;Jan1999, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p93
Discusses the susceptibility of employees to job stress. Factors which help motivate employees to work; Effects of exhaustion on work performance; Management tips to job stress.
- Stress in the workplace. Murray, Sean // Accountancy Ireland;Jun99, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p20
Offers advise on how to cope with stress in the workplace. Factors to consider when examining issues relating to employee health; Physiological and psychological impact of stress; Employee assistance programs; Importance of a healthy diet and lifestyle.
- Perfection at a price. Corry, Carl // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);03/26/99, Vol. 46 Issue 13, p5A
Focuses on the costs of job stress for American businesses. Behavior of stressed workers according to Leonard Tuzman, director of Social Work Services at Hillside Hospital in New York; Adoption of stress management programs by companies.
- Big ideas debunked. Lewis, Jane // Personnel Today;6/11/2002, p22
Analyzes the contributions of stress, flexible working and worklife balance, best practices and intellectual human capital to personnel management. Adverse effects of stress on employees; Importance of flexible workforce on inflation; Increase of shareholder value from the emphasis on the...
- FIA'S UNIVERSITY ADDS 14 COURSES. // Forging;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p14
The article reports on launching of the 14 additional interactive training courses of the Forging University in the U.S. These interactive training courses include substance abuse issues for employees and managers, appropriate non-verbal behavior, gender and communication, racial stress...