SEEING A Way to Help
- Should students be required to volunteer? Barton, Maria // Junior Scholastic;09/08/97, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p13
Examines the question as to whether students in the United States should be required to volunteer. Information on the number of schools which requires students to volunteer before they graduate; Details on President Bill Clinton's support for mandatory (required) volunteer program; Percentage...
- Get Involved! Be a Volunteer. Meissner, Laura K. // Appleseeds;Mar2001, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p28
Encourages teenagers in the United States to be a volunteer.
- ONLINE POLL. // Dolly;Oct2011, Issue 490, p144
The article cites the results of an online poll which found that majority of U.S. teenagers regularly volunteer for a good cause.
- The who, what, and how often of volunteering. // Occupational Outlook Quarterly;Summer2004, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p27
Presents the results of a survey on volunteering in the U.S. in 2003. Ages of people who volunteered most often; Background on several volunteer activities for teenagers; Significance of the socioeconomic factor to individuals who volunteered in high school.
- Teens Outpace Adults In Sharing Time. // Career World;Sep2009, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p4
The article reports that teenagers in the U.S. are more generous with donating time than U.S. adults although adults have been donating more money to causes. It relates that 46 percent of adults in the U.S. volunteer their time, while 56 percent of teenagers volunteer their time.
- Community Service. Caskins, Mary // 21st Century;Jan94, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p12
The article provides suggestions on the rewarding activities for community service in the U.S. The author stated that one may join community clean-up or walk for AIDS. She added that one may volunteer in a local library doing outside or inside work. Moreover, one may also find out if local...
- Prevalence of hearing loss in U.S. adolescents. // Internal Medicine Alert;10/29/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 20, p160
The article reports on the incidence of hearing loss among adolescents in the U.S.
- Lean, Mean, Teen-Machine. // Massage & Bodywork;Aug/Sep2002, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p13
Examines the health dietary attitude of teenagers in the U.S. Components of the healthy breakfast; Selection of healthy foods; Recommendations for daily servings.
- The teen years: Risky business? // Current Health 2;Sep96 Supplement, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p1
Presents review questions with answers concerning health risks and suggested activities from the article `The Teen Years: Risky Business?' which appeared in the September 1996 issue of American magazine `Current Health 2.' Advantage of knowing about the risks a person is most likely to face at...