10 years ago in the Journal
- Rembering a Pioneer. Yeske, Dave // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun2015, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p8
The article profiles Lynn Hopewell, who served as practitioner editor of the journal from 1992 to 1995. Topics discussed include his contributions to the field of financial planning including safe withdrawal analysis and stochastic modeling, his education at Old Dominion University, Virginia...
- CE Examination. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p74
The article presents a short test on the contents of the July 2003 issue of the Journal of Financial Planning.
- A Rosier Outlook. // Financial Planning;Feb2013, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p17
The article offers information on the Retirement Advisor Confidence Index released by the magazine "Financial Planning," which indicates an improvement in the business condition of wealth managers in January 2013.
- Software solutions for SOAs. Tuohy, Larissa // Money Management;6/2/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p22
Reports on the development of software solutions for statement of advice (SOA) functionality in Australia. Availability of the software to produce SOA; Effectiveness of the software in terms of the client compliance; Use of a lifetime model in attracting clients and retention.
- Virtual planners: online and mobile. Tuohy, Larissa // Money Management;6/2/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p24
Reports on the use of online technology of financial planning software vendors to have an online version of their own application in Australia. Services offered by Xplan to the planners; Implementation of the Coin Software by the Commonwealth Bank; Disadvantages of using a Web-based application.
- Truth is out there for advisers. York, Nicola // Money Marketing;3/8/2007, p8
The article reports on the introduction of a software system, Truth which is designed to offer a comprehensive method of financial planning for advisers in Great Britain. The software system is created by Paul Etheridge the founder of the Institute of Financial Planning. The software...
- 10 years ago in the Journal. // Journal of Financial Planning;Oct2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p21
This article provides information on the issues featured in the October 1990 issue of the Journal of Financial Planning. Assets under management was the topic of discussion in the issue. Lewis J. Walker, in an article titled Wrap-Fee Asset Management Services: Fair or Foul? wrote, planners see...
- Coming Next Month: CFP Pioneers. // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov2003, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p22
The article presents information on certified financial planning pioneers who will be featured in the December 2003 issue of the magazine.
- The Principled Foundation of Success. Peck, Maureen // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun2004, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p10
The article reflects on the success of the Journal of Financial Planning based on its firm principles. The many individuals and organizations in the financial planning profession are following some of the same fundamental laws that result in ethical, beneficial service to the public. As an...