Natatoriums: What Can Go Wrong -- and Did
- Dehumidification for indoor pools. Metzger, Jim // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;06/23/97, Vol. 201 Issue 8, p36
Discusses dehumidification for indoor pools. Control of moisture and humidity; Moisture migration; Air distribution and duct design; Pool water chemistry.
- Dehumidifying, Zoning For Three Pools. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;1/17/2005, Vol. 224 Issue 3, p16
Reports on the medical trend that combines hospital and health club services in one facility with the application heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment as it is on medical and fitness technology in Princeton, New Jersey. Features of the natatorium by the Princeton Fitness and...
- BIRMINGHAM GETS FIRST NEW POOL IN 20 YEARS. // Splash!;Feb/Mar2012, p25
The article reports on the new 12.2 million pounds swimming pool and fitness centre built in Birmingham, England.
- Navigator. Kachka, Boris // New York;06/14/99, Vol. 32 Issue 23, p51
Presents information on places around New York, New York for swimming enthusiasts can do their laps. Metropolitan Pool in Williamsburg, at Metropolitan Avenue; Two pools in midtown at 54 East and Rec Center 59; Olypic-size pool at Riverbank State Park.
- Virginia Adopts New Pool and Spa Requirements. Traylor, Nate // Pool & Spa News;7/25/2014, p1
The article reports on the statewide implementation of the International Swimming Pool and Spa Code by the state of Virginia effective July 2014.
- Beyond Beige. BISHOP, ROB; KLEIN, BARRY // Athletic Business;Jun2014, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p20
The article offers the authors' insights on their experience on the renovation and expansion of their health club which taught them a thing about club design. Topics include having intelligent conversation with architects, designers and craftsmen, the repairs and replacements they did, and the...
- The hot stuff. Skerrett, P.J. // Popular Science;Sep93, Vol. 243 Issue 3, p50
Gives details on Attic Technology's pool heating system which taps into clean, reliable, and virtually free attic heat to heats swimming pools or rooms. How system works; Testing; Applications.
- An economical way of controlling indoor swimming pool humidity. Kiesling, Roger // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/26/93, Vol. 188 Issue 17, p5
Reports on the mechanical environmental control system for indoor swimming pools. Control of pool humidity; Advantages; Relationship of room temperature to operating cost for a natatorium.
- Ventilation unit fits swimming pool needs. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;12/02/96, Vol. 199 Issue 14, p8
Reports on the planned installation of a ventilation system for the proposed swimming pool at the Farmington Aquatic Center in New Mexico. Factors considered before installing the system; Reduction of humidity without paying an energy penalty.