Rising Yuan a Bane For China's Bad Loans?
- INTERNATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES in Nonperforming Loans. Rodman, Jack // Mortgage Banking;Jul2004, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p64
Reports on the efforts of banks to address issues concerning nonperforming loans (NPL). Strategies to dispose NPL portfolios and maximize asset recovery values; Progress of governments and banks in Asia to resolve their NPL problems; NPL resolution and disposition in Europe.
- North Dakota nonperformers up 33%. Arndorfer, James R. // American Banker;11/6/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 214, p12
Reports that North Dakota banks are weathering a double-digit growth on the nonperforming loan front. Damage to crops due to excessive moisture as a factor to the increase in nonperforming loans; State of nonperforming loans of several banks.
- SME Bank lowers NPLs. // Malay Mail;6/20/2012, p20
The article reports the SME Bank Bhd's expectations of lowering its non-performing loans (NPLs) to 15% by the end of 2012 from 17% the previous year.
- German non-performing loans soar. Eschenbacher, Stefanie // Fund Strategy;7/5/2010, p8
The article reports that the non-performing loans (NPLs) of German banks in nominal terms have soared to 213 billion dollars due to company insolvencies and consumer defaults as indicated by PriceWaterhouse Coopers (PwC) in Germany.
- 4 Portfolio quality -- Introduction of the institution of family bankruptcy may result in a material improvement in the management of problematic household loans: 4.4 Financial corporations' portfolio stopped deteriorating, while the ratio of... // Report on Financial Stability (Magyar Nemzeti Bank);May2013, p45
The article presents Hungary's Magyar Nemzeti Bank's (MNB's) report on the loan portfolio quality of financial corporations and cooperative credit institutions. The portfolio of financial corporations did not deteriorate in the second half of 2012 after the ratio of non-performing loans climbed...
- Sectoral Growth and Developments within the Financial Sector: Evidence from Selected Sectors in Turkey. Cemil Borucu, Ahmet; Ulusoy, Veysel // International Journal of Economics & Finance;Dec2012, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p252
This paper examines the effects of developments in the financial sector upon real sector growth based on data from 2003 to 2011 in Turkey. During this period, following a severe banking crisis, banks changed their operating model from channeling funds to finance government debt to increasing and...
- The Non-performing Assets Of Commercial Banks In India: A Bank Group-wise Analysis. Sukanya, N.; Vishwanatha // Journal of Commerce & Management Thought;Oct2015, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p724
Non-performing assets (NPAs) is a serious problem that has been afflicting the Indian banking sector. A bank-group-wise analysis of the size of NPAs in the commercial banking sector in India during the period 2000-2013 shows that the problem of NPAs is generic in nature and is not peculiar to...
- Global Commercial Banking Outlook. // China Commercial Banking Report;Q2 2012, Issue 2, p14
The article presents a global outlook on the banking industry in 2012. It notes that the financial crisis in Europe remains as the biggest risk in commercial banking worldwide in the said year. It mentions the tentative recovery of U.S. banks due to lending growth and profit-making...
- New Evidence on the Lending Channel. ASHCRAFT, ADAM B. // Journal of Money, Credit & Banking (Ohio State University Press);Apr2006, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p751
The response of aggregate lending to monetary policy is stronger in state banking markets where financially constrained banks have more market share. On the other hand, there is little difference in the response of state output across the market share financially constrained banks, implying that...