Dehumidification: Assuring Quality
- Taking Notes: Desiccant Dehumidation. WELTY, STEVEN; WADDELL, CHARLIE // Engineered Systems;Jun2011, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p34
The article offers authors' insights on the use of desiccant dehumidification (DD) technologies for engineering projects, which is used to control and prevent mold growth. The authors states that DD system can snatch 100% outside air humidity load and can dry ventilation air humidity cooling...
- Desiccant Dehumidification Beats the Heat. Brown, Russ // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/14/2006, Vol. 228 Issue 16, p20
The article describes a construction drying method that controls humidity and vapor pressure. It details the installation of a flexible distribution system in various sections of a school under construction. A mixture of desiccant dehumidifiers and indirect-fired heaters are set up at a...
- Back 2 Basics. McKew, Howard // Engineered Systems;Aug2007, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p12
The article focuses on the reheat and humidification part of the sequence of operation of the heating ventilation air conditioning (HVAC) system for the main distribution frame room. The design intent of the system is to maintain constant space temperature and humidity year round. The building...
- Advantix Systems. // Engineered Systems;Jul2011, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p60
The article focuses on liquid desiccant systems of Advantix Systems and its application in the industrial heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems. It says that these systems are used to maintain humidity conditions and remove moisture by cooling or dehumidifying industrial HVAC...
- Study on the Applicability of Combining a Desiccant Cooling System with a Heat Pump in a Hot and Humid Climate. Yaw-Shyan Tsay; Kato, Shinsuke; Ooka, Ryozo; Koganei, Makoto; Shoda, Norio // ASHRAE Transactions;2006, Vol. 112 Issue 1, p189
In hot and humid climates, dampness in buildings leads to significant respiratory symptoms and damage to buildings. A damp house can be recognized by one or more of the following characteristics: damp stains, mold growth, condensation, a musty smell or stuffy atmosphere, and insects such as...
- Plastic Mold Operators Cut Energy Costs In Half. Wright, Clinton // Automotive Industries;Apr2012, Vol. 192 Issue 4, p1
The article focuses on the move of plastic mold operators to turn to air conditioning technology and innovative dehumidification manufactured by Advantix Systems to reduce their energy use. It says that the technology offers heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) solution and is based...
- Back to Basics. Ellis, Rebecca; McKew, Howard // Engineered Systems;Apr2002, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p14
Presents a schematic diagram on rare book rooms with heating and ventilation unit using DX cooling, hot water reheat and steam humidification basic system.
- HUMIDIFICATION SIDE BY SIDE. Kjelgaard, Michael // Engineered Systems;Apr2002, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p50
Focuses on the use of humidification systems in the heating and ventilation industry in the U.S. Types of humidification processes; Distinction between isothermal and adiabatic humidifiers; Impact of local climate on humidifiers; Utilization of heat energy in isothermal systems.
- Are your customers comfortable? Issues in dealing with humidity control. Garst, Mike // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;01/26/98, Vol. 203 Issue 4, p5
Discusses practices to consider when dealing with airconditioning humidity control. Myths surrounding the installation of a heating, ventilating and airconditioning system; Furnaces in air conditioning application; Function called latent capacity; Importance of system sizing.