- 'Cool' design for power supplies. Woelfle, Werner // Control Engineering;Aug2008, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p16
The article focuses on the design of modern mains power supplies. Most designs are extremely compact which result to the dissipation of a substantial amount of power in the form of heat while operating. This often causes the overheating of the power supply's internal components, which lead to an...
- Economics of electricity self-generation by industrial firms. Rose, Kenneth; McDonald, John F. // Energy Journal;1991, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p47
Examines the decision to cogenerate electricity, on the perspective of an industrial firm that must choose among purchasing all its electricity, purchasing and producing some, or producing all of the electricity it needs. How the energy crisis in the 1970s affected industrial self-generation...
- National cogeneration association for Spain. // International Power Generation;Sep2001, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p8
Reports the membership of Spanish cogeneration industry to network of National Association of Cogen Europe. Institutions comprising the combined heat and power (CHP) sector; Services offered by CHP; Officers of Cogen Spain.
- Cogeneration the only option for energy conservation. Rajan, T.P.S. // Chemical Business;Mar1996, Vol. 9 Issue 8, pV
Discusses the viability of cogeneration as an energy conservation approach. Benefits and constraints; Lower capital costs; Lower gestation period; Quality of supply; Fuel economy; Preferred industries.
- The relevance of cogeneration in India. Ramani, R.V. // Chemical Business;Mar1996, Vol. 9 Issue 8, pIX
Discusses the relevance of cogeneration in India. Concept behind cogeneration of electrical and thermal energy; Tangible benefits; Systems options; Cost of finance.
- Whither cogeneration? Rajan, T.P. S. // Chemical Business;Jul96, Vol. 9 Issue 12, pXXIX
Focuses on the benefits of using cogeneration for industries requiring both steam and power. Benefits and constraints with the use of cogeneration; Impact on capital costs; Gestation period; Preferred industries.
- Packaged cogeneration. // Energy User News;Aug96, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p26
Presents a chart showing the list of packaged cogeneration in the United States as of August 1996. Includes Admic Controls; Alternative Utility Services; Alturdyne.
- Packaged congeneration. // Energy User News;Oct97, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p40
Presents statistical information on cogenerations of electricity and heat based on voluntary manufacturer responses by Energy User News, 1997.
- Evaluating the potential for steam turbine congeneration. Johnson, Walter E. // Energy User News;Apr98, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p32
States that steam turbine congeneration is a highly complicated and demanding process. Detailed information on cogeneration; What are the primary requirements that determine the potential of an existing steam plant for cogeneration use; Information on the basic paramemeters that determine...