Takeover Rumors Swirl Around Greenhill & Co
- Untitled. // Crain's New York Business;11/30/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p4
The article reports that 23% publicly available shares have been sold by executives at investment banking boutique Greenhill & Co. Inc. since August 1, 2009. Greenhill has been aggressively hiring top dealmakers, yet the insider sales suggest that the firm's management doesn't think their core...
- Keeping a Tight Rein On Purchase Prices. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Apr2005, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p27
Provides data on the premiums over stock prices for public acquisitions in the U.S.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Energy. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/22/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 16, p26
Presents charts and graphs depicting energy in investment banking. Acquisition of CPL Retail Energy and WTU Retail Energy by Centrica PLC; Market share of JP Morgan Chase; Stock price of Swift Energy.
- WHO'S HOT. // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/15/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 32, p35
Presents tables and charts depicting the stock prices of investment banks and other financial institutions in the U.S., as of August 10, 2005.
- Experienced, Dynamic And Not Conflicted. French, Jeff // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/16/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p44
The article presents information about Greenhill & Co. LLC, 2005 Bank of the Year of the journal "Investment Dealers' Digest." The bank was founded in 1996 by Robert Greenhill, a former merger and acquisition banker at Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc. The bank provides merger and acquisition and...
- Sale Scuttlebutt Lifts Downey Again. Sundaramoorthy, Geeta // American Banker;5/19/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 96, p18
Reports that shares of Downey Financial Corp. rose sharply for the third day in the week of May 16, 2005, because of rumors that the thrift company is for sale. Speculation that a sale of Downey is not imminent; Performance of the company's stock; Profile of the company.
- As Monolines Disappear, So Do Deal Premiums. Rieker, Matthias; Cole, Jim; Bergquist, Erick // American Banker;8/5/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 150, p1
Reports on HSBC Holdings PLC's agreement to buy Metris Cos. Inc. of Minnetonka, Minn.; Observation that the agreement confirms a trend in financial services mergers; View that Metris' past and the boost that monoline stock prices have gotten from banking companies bulking up in consumer finance...
- Event players hit by sudden market turn. // Euro Hedge;3/16/2015, p1
The article informs that dramatic market volatility and the collapse of various deals associated with mergers and acquisitions (M&A) caused heavy losses to various financial services firms. Topics discussed include loss of 8.91% by BlueHive Opportunities, decrease of 7.70% experienced by Audley...
- In Practice. // Accountancy;Nov2006, Vol. 138 Issue 1359, p49
The article presents a number of small pieces on financial matters that took place in Great Britain in 2006. The Begbies Traynor Group announced the formation of a corporate finance division. The Tenon Group increased profits. The accounting firm Campbell Dallas acquired Spence Financial...