- Health Canada is advising consumers not to use Neophase Formula for Men. // Reactions Weekly;8/12/2006, Issue 1114, p2
The article reports on the advise by Health Canada for consumers not to use Neophase Formula for Men from Vigor Nutriceutical Healthcare Inc., because it contained a modified version of sildenafil which can lead to serious health risks.
- Unauthorised ED drugs including Libidus not safe. // Reactions Weekly;4/5/2008, Issue 1196, p4
The article reports on the advice issued by Health Canada regarding the use of Libidus or any unauthorised products aimed at treating erectile dysfunction (ED). The agency revealed that the use of the drug or any unauthorised products may pose serious heath risks due to undeclared prescription...
- Lower Viagra Dosage In Patients On Indinavir. // RN;Dec99, Vol. 62 Issue 12, p95
Deals with men suffering from erectile dysfunction. Effect of taking the protease inhibitor indinavir; Typical dose of sildenafil; Investigator's suggestion on patients taking indinavir.
- Love Potion No. 9.1. Cottle, Michelle // Washington Monthly;Oct98, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p12
Focuses on the implications of the drug Viagra released by Pfizer pharmaceuticals. Statistics on erectile dysfunction; Age of majority of men suffering from erectile dysfunction according to the National Institutes of Health (NIH); Tendency of treating undesirable characteristics as a medical...
- The New `Pill.'. // Heart & Soul;Sep/Oct98, Issue 29, p24
Presents information on Viagra, a drug for erectile dysfunction. Causes of impotency; Effectiveness of the drug; Side effects.
- Sildenafil and the heart: Old questions, new answers. Scheck, Anne // Urology Times;May2000, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p4
Discusses three studies that offer conflicting data on cardiac events related to sildenafil in men with erectile dysfunction in the United States. Details of the studies; Importance of vigilance in the use of the drug and need for a randomized, well-controlled trial on its safety.
- Sildenafil/tadalafil/vardenafil. // Reactions Weekly;5/3/2008, Issue 1200, p28
The article describes the case of three men who developed sudden sensorineural hearing loss (SSHL) after taking sildenafil, tadalafil or vardenafil for erectile dysfunction. Results of the audiogram, otolaryngic examination or audiometric assessment conducted on the patients are presented....
- Sildenafil. // Reactions Weekly;1/5/2008, Issue 1183, p27
The article describes a medical case of a 44-year-old man who developed bilateral deafness during treatment with sildenafil for erectile dysfunction. It notes that daily serial audiometry revealed profound sensorineural hearing loss and bilateral absence of stapedial reflexes. The patient's...
- What goes up must come down. Gallagher, John // Advocate;06/23/98, Issue 762, p60
Warns gay men of the side effects of the anti-impotency pill Viagra. Method by which Viagra cures impotence; Other drugs for which Viagra is contraindicated; Includes protease inhibitors; Incidence of impotence among HIV-positive men; Viagra's futility as an aphrodisiac.