Impact of a patient decision aid on care among patients with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation: a cluster randomized trial
- Using decision aids to help patients navigate the "grey zone" of medical decision-making. O'Connor, Annette M. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal Supplement;5/22/2007, Vol. 176 Issue 11, p1597
The author comments on the study "Influence of Decision Aids on Patient References for Anticoagulant Therapy: A Randomized Trial," by Anne Holbrook et al. According to her, the study asserts that the choice of anticoagulant therapy for atrial fibrillation is a grey zone decision for patients....
- Joint Guideline Released for Atrial Fibrillation. Huntzinger, Amber // American Family Physician;5/15/2007, Vol. 75 Issue 10, p1565
The article presents a guideline which aims to assist physicians in clinical decision making by describing options for the diagnosis and management of atrial fibrillation. It recommends antithrombotic therapy for patients with atrial fibrillation to prevent thromboembolism. It notes that a...
- Antithrombotic and interventional treatment options in cardioembolic transient ischaemic attack and ischaemic stroke. McCabe, D. J. H.; Rakhit, R. D. // Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry;Jan2007, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p14
Peer-reviewed data pertaining to anti-thrombotic and interventional therapy for transient ischaemic attack (TIA) or ischaemic stroke patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, interatrial septal abnormalities, or left ventricular thrombus were reviewed. Long-term oral...
- Antithrombotic prescribing in atrial fibrillation: application of a prescribing indicator and multidisciplinary feedback to improve prescribing. Elliott, Rohan A.; Woodward, Michael C.; Oborne, C. Alice // Age & Ageing;Sep2002, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p391
Assesses antithrombotic prescribing for older hospital inpatients with atrial fibrillation. Design of the study; Subjects in the study; Methodology; Results; Conclusions.
- New guidelines for antithrombotic use in AF released. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;7/24/2010, Issue 608, p2
The article reports that practice guidelines for the antithrombotic management of patients with atrial fibrillation (AF) presenting with acute coronary syndromes and/or undergoing coronary stenting have been released, which form the Consensus Document of the Working Group on Thrombosis approved...
- Adherence to AF antithrombotic guidelines good in Denmark. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;6/29/2013, Issue 681, p2
The article discusses research being done on guideline adherence of antithrombotic treatment initiated in patients with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation, which references a study by A. Brandes et al. published in the May 13, 2013 issue of "Clinical Cardiology."
- Erratum: Antithrombotic treatment in elderly patients with atrial fibrillation: a practical approach. Fernández, Carmen Suárez; Formiga, Francesc; Camafort, Miguel; Rodrigo, Jose María Cepeda; Díez-Manglano, Jesús; Reino, Antonio Pose; Tiberio, Gregorio; Mostaza, Jose María; Grupo de trabajo de Riesgo vascular de la SEMI // BMC Cardiovascular Disorders;11/19/2015, Vol. 15, p1
A correction to the article "Antithrombotic treatment in elderly patients with atrial fibrillation: a practical approach" that was published in the 2015 issue is presented.
- Antithrombotic therapy in patients with AF undergoing PCI. Cave, Brandon; Bottorff, Michael B.; Spinier, Sarah A. // Cardiology Today;Jun2014, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p46
The article discusses antithrombotic therapy for patients with atrial fibrillation (AF) receiving percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)
- In people with atrial fibrillation receiving antithrombotics, short-term non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug exposure increases risk of serious bleeding. Myat, Aung // Evidence Based Nursing;Jan2016, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p11
The author comments on a study which showed that short-term non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) exposure increases the risk of serious bleeding in people with atrial fibrillation receiving antithrombotics. It references research by M. Lamberts et al, published in a 2014 issue of the...