Pulmonary embolism in a man with an implantable cardioverter defibrillator
- Implantierbarer Kardioverter/Defibrillator. Stellbrink, C.; Andresen, D.; Böcker, D.; Lewalter, T. // Herzschrittmachertherapie und Elektrophysiologie;Mar2013, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p75
This article aims to give an overview over important articles in the field of implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) therapy in 2012. Important publications concern analyses on therapy efficacy and safety of the subcutaneous ICD, gender-specific differences in the complication rate and...
- The Role of Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators in Ischemic and Non-Ischemic Cardiomyopathy and Effect on Mortality and Sudden Death. Eshaghian, Shervin // Einstein Journal of Biology & Medicine;2007, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p12
The article discusses the significant role of implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) in patients with ischemic and non-ischemic cardiomyopathy. ICDs have been known as the first therapeutic option for patients with ischemic cardiomyopathy. However, a recent study also shows that ICDs...
- The implantable cardioverter-defibrillator: postcode prescribing in the UK 1998-2002. Cunningham, A. D.; Plummer, C. J.; McComb, J. M.; Lord, S. W.; Cunningham, M. W.; Toussaint, J-M.; Rickards, A. F. // Heart;Oct2005, Vol. 91 Issue 10, p1280
Objective: To determine the rate of implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) implantation across the UK during the period 1998 to 2002. Design: Observational self reporting with cross checking. Setting: All ICD implanting centres coordinated by the National Pacemaker and ICD Database....
- ICD cost effectiveness over-rated? // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;1/28/2006, Issue 495, p3
Discusses research being done on the cost effectiveness of implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) therapy. Reference to study being done by Kelly P. Anderson which appeared in the January 2006 issue of the "New England Journal of Medicine"; Information on ICD therapy; Critical...
- Unraveling the Secrets of the Heart. Mraz, Stephen J.; Knisley, Stephen B.; Baynham, Tamara C. // Machine Design;09/24/98, Vol. 70 Issue 17, p38
Provides information on automatic implantable cardioverter/defibrillators, a medications and electronic device that shaped and positioned electrodes on heart fibers. Structure and electrical behavior of the heart; Simulation and analysis of the device.
- St. Jude Medical warns docs of possible flaws in ICD. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Sep2001, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p15
Reports on the announcement of Saint Jude Medical Inc. that it will notify physicians for potential problems with the Profile MD implantable cardioverter defibrillator that may require replacement of the device in some patients. Features of the medical device.
- A diagnostic pitfall with an implantable cardioverter-defibrillator. Burri, H.; Chevalier, P.; Touboul, P. // Heart;Apr2003, Vol. 89 Issue 4, p470
Describes the case of a diagnostic pitfall in a patient with an implantable cardioverter-defibrillator. Admission of the patient to the hospital due to repeated shocks from his Guidant Ventak Prizm dual chamber implantable cardioverter-defibrillator.
- 303 Patients with implantable cardioverter defibrillator and their experiences of shocks. Stromberg, A.; Hammargard, J.; Fant, D.; Johansson, I. // European Journal of Heart Failure. Supplements;
An abstract of the study "Patients With Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator and Their Experiences of Shocks," by A. Stromberg and colleagues, is presented.
- EDUCATIONAL INTERVENTION FOR PATIENTS WITH AUTOMATIC IMPLANTABLE CARDIOVERTER DEFIBRILLATORS. Edelman, Sarah; Lemon, Jim; Kirkness, Ann // Australian Journal of Advanced Nursing;Mar-May2007, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p26
The article focuses on research done to evaluate the psychological effects of educational intervention administered on patients two weeks after Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (AICD) implantation in Sydney, New South Wales. Twenty-two patients were recruited, 13 to attend the...