Applying the 2005 Canadian Hypertension Education Program recommendations: 1. Diagnosis of hypertension
- Artefacts in Measurement of Blood Pressure and Lack of Target Organ Involvement in the Assessment of Patients with Treatment-Resistant Hypertension. Mejia, Agnes D.; Egan, Brent M.; Schork, Nicholas J.; Zweifler, Andrew J. // Annals of Internal Medicine;2/15/90, Vol. 112 Issue 4, p270
Determines the relative importance of factors known to cause therapy-resistant hypertension. Definition of resistant hypertension; Criteria for inadequate blood pressure control; Causes of high blood pressure; Initial steps in evaluating patients with resistant hypertension.
- Time to Diagnosis of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. Brown, Lynette M.; Elliott, C. Gregory // Advances in Pulmonary Hypertension;Summer2012, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p69
The article discusses the issues behind the delayed in the diagnosis of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). It notes that patient with PAH are usually symptomatic for years prior to receiving an accurate diagnosis. It talks about the role of patients, as well as the physicians, in the delayed...
- Coexistence of renal artery stenosis, primary antiphospholipid syndrome and polycythaemia vera: an exceptional association. Ha-ou-nou, F Zahra; Boumzebra, D; Essaadouni, L // Lupus;Jan2014, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p84
Renal artery stenosis is the narrowing of the renal artery which causes hypertension and atrophy of the affected kidney, ultimately leading to renal failure if not treated and most often caused by atherosclerosis or fibromuscular dysplasia. Recently, renal artery stenosis has also been...
- Epidemiology of Catheter-Related Bloodstream Infections in Patients Receiving Total Parenteral Nutrition. Collins, C. J.; Fraher, M. H.; Bourke, J.; Phelan, D.; Lynch, M. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;12/1/2009, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p1769
A letter to the edtior is presented about the revised clinical practice guidelines for the diagnosis and management of intravascular catheter-related bloodstream infection (CR-BSI).
- Reply to Collins et al and Manian. Mermel, Leonard A.; Allon, Michael; Bouza, Emilio; Craven, Donald E.; Flynn, Patricia; O'Grady, Naomi P.; Raad, Issam I.; Rijnders, Bart J. A.; Sherertz, Robert J.; Warren, David K. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;12/1/2009, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p1771
A response by Leonard A. Mermel, Michael Allon, Emilio Bouza, Donald E. Craven, Patricia Flynn, Naomi P. O'Grady, Issam I. Raad, Bart J. A. Rijnders, Robert J. Sherertz, and David K. Warren to letters to the editor about their article on the revised clinical practice guidelines for the diagnosis...
- IDSA Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Intravascular Catheter-Related Bloodstream Infection. Manian, Farrin A. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;12/1/2009, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p1770
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article about the revised clinical practice guidelines by Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) for the diagnosis and management of intravascular catheter-related bloodstream infection.
- Lancet: Radical change in blood pressure diagnosis and treatment. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;9/12/2011, Vol. 21, p304
The article presents the new guidelines issued by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE), developed in conjunction with the British Hypertension Society (BHS), for the diagnosis and treatment of blood pressure diagnosis in Great Britain.
- Differentiating between various forms of hypertension presents challenges for physicians. // Endocrine Today;Nov2011, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p8
The article emphasizes the importance of differentiating and diagnosing the different forms of hypertension, along with the challenges it pose to physicians.
- Variables Should Be Pre-Set. Pohlandt, Frank // Deutsches Aerzteblatt International;6/11/2010, Vol. 107 Issue 23, p5
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Judging a Plethora of p-Values: How to Contend With the Problem of Multiple Testing," by Anja Victor, Gerhard Hommel, and Maria Blettner in the April 2010 issue.