Wanted: manufacturer for Ebola and Marburg vaccines
- Ebola unleashed. MANOCHA, VANI // Down to Earth;9/1/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p14
The article discusses the nature, causes, and symptoms of the Ebola virus outbreak in West Africa. Brief overview of the history of the emergence of the outbreak, how it can be transmitted to family members or healthcare staff, and the effort of the Indian government to prevent the country from...
- Ebola vaccine: It's not so simple. hiltzik, michael // Investigate;Feb/Mar2015, Issue 148, p42
Information about the emergency conference convened by the World Health Organization at the end of September 2014 is presented. The conference puts emphasis on the possible vaccines to treat the Ebola virus disease. Among the topics discussed include the test of Ebola virus vaccines, human...
- Ebola. // WHO Drug Information;2014, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p459
The article offers updates on the treatments for virus disease Ebola. Topics discussed include the convalescent blood and plasma therapies approach including its feasibility of implementation, rolling review procedure advise by European Medicines Agency (EMA) for the development plan of Ebola...
- As Ebola Epidemic Begins to Slow, Trials of Drugs and Vaccines Speed Up. Kuehn, Bridget M. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;3/10/2015, Vol. 313 Issue 10, p1000
The article reports on the rapid development of therapies and vaccines against Ebola virus disease and the slowing down of the Ebola epidemic in West Africa. Topics discussed include the decline of Ebola cases in Western Africa, according to the World Health Organization (WHO), the international...
- Ebola vaccine efficacy trial ready to launch in Guinea. // African Business News;3/5/2015, p1
No abstract available.
- Ebola haemorrhagic fever, Uganda -- end of the outbreak. // Weekly Epidemiological Record;3/7/2008, Vol. 83 Issue 10, p89
The article offers information on the declaration by the Ministry of Health of Uganda that the Ebola hemorrhagic fever outbreak in Bundibugyo, Uganda, was over. The declaration was made on February 20, 2008, and the last person to be infected by the virus was discharged on January 8, 2008. The...
- Ethics in a Time of Ebola. Cook, Michael // Australasian Science;Oct2014, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p50
The article discusses ethical issues that need to be considered with regard to the Ebola virus epidemic in West Africa. Topics explored include the statement issued by the World Health Organization (WHO) about the administration of untested drugs to Ebola patients, the need to prioritise safety...
- Statistics and logistics: Design of Ebola vaccine trials in West Africa. Nason, Martha // Clinical Trials;Feb2016, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p87
No abstract available.
- Ebola Diagnosed In Mali, NYC. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;10/27/2014, pB02
6 The WHO declared Nigeria as Ebola-free. But the disease spread to a toddler in Mali. A Spanish nurse, 2 Dallas nurses and an NBC cameraman are all rid of it, but an NYC doctor who returned from Guinea tested positive Thu. and was hospitalized. Johnson &