Ergen Chats Draw a Crowd
- EchoStar's Ergen Hires a COO. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;6/27/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p46
Reports on the appointment of Michael Neuman and Carl Vogel as COO at television network EchoStar Communications Corp. in June 2005. Career background of Neuman and Vogel; Views of CEO Charlie Ergen on the qualifications of the executives; Comment of Vogel on EchoStar.
- Dish Distant-Signal Challenge Falls Short. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;5/27/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p22
Reports the challenge of chief executive officer Charlie Ergen of EchoStar Communications Corp. to the federal law in the U.S. Regulation of accessibility to distant network signals; Statement issued by the company toward the action of the high court for refusing to hear the case; Expectations...
- Dish, SBC Put Alliance on Hold. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/15/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p25
Reports on the indefinite suspension of the multichannel alliance between EchoStar Communications Corp. and SBC Communications as of August 2005. Background of the terms of agreement; Benefits of the partnership during its early stages of implementation; Outlook of EchoStar chairman Charlie...
- Top EchoStar Execs Dish About the Then and Now. // Multichannel News;4/24/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p36
Presents a discussion with several executives of EchoStar Communications Corp. regarding the success of Dish Network direct-broadcast satellite service in the U.S. Enumeration of the risks taken on behalf of the network by chairman and CEO Charlie Ergen; Challenge in the retention of its...
- Space Cowboy. Shields, Todd // MediaWeek;10/11/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 36, p26
Focuses on legal court cases facing EchoStar Communications and its chairman and CEO Charlie Ergen. Views of Washington-based Legg Mason analyst Blair Levin on Ergen; Background on the abuse of EchoStar of its rights and privileges; Plan of the company for its subscribers according to analysts.
- Mr. Ergen goes to Washington. Amdur, Meredith // Variety;2/9/2004, Vol. 393 Issue 12, p7
Features EchoStar CEO Charlie Ergen. Lawsuit filed by Ergen against Viacom; Constitutionality of broadcast retransmission consent rules; Conflict with regulators to merge with DirecTV.
- It's good to be boss. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/08/99, Vol. 129 Issue 10, p16
Reports that EchoStar Chairman Charlie Ergen has hosted an all-expenses paid Caribbean sailing vacation for his top 100 dealers and their guests. Highlights of the week-long junket; EchoStar spokewoman Judianne Atencio's comments on Ergen's relationship with his dealers.
- EchoStar jumps into the DBS fray. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;2/5/96, Vol. 126 Issue 6, p54
Presents an interview with EchoStar Communications Corp. head Charlie Ergen on the company's strategy for its entry into the direct broadcast satellite business. EchoStar's purchase of broadcast rights for the 148 degrees orbital slot at an auction conducted by the US Federal Communications...
- TWO STONES WITH ONE BIRD? Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;5/28/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 22, p15
The article suggests that DirecTV does not have to merge with EchoStar Communications for them to be able to provide and compete more effectively against cable companies in the U.S. Liberty Media's acquisition of News Corp.'s stake in DirecTV may present an opportunity for Echostar chief...