SentitO Makes Edge Switching Pitch
- Flexible net. Rowe, Martin // Test & Measurement World;Nov2004, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p23
Focuses on Adtran Inc.'s testing of network products for use in voice over Internet Protocol. Testing of routers, firewalls, gateways and virtual private networks; Use of test equipment to monitor network performance and calculate voice quality; Testing of interoperability.
- WORLDWIDE BROADBAND MODEM MARKET INCREASES 3%. // Modem Users News;Oct2005, pN.PAG
This article reports on the increase in the worldwide broadband modem, router, and gateway market. The market grew 3 percent to 1.3 billion U.S. dollars and unit shipments grew 5 percent to 26.7 million U.S. dollars between the first quarter and second quarter of 2005, according to the quarterly...
- Home gateways enable residential broadband. Feldman, Gary // Lightwave;Jul2005, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p13
Describes the characteristics of gateways that enable broadband connectivity in home computers. Integrated copper- or fiber-interfaced network interfacing device (NID); Broadband modem; Wireless router; Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) box; Ethernet switch; Efficient bandwidth management;...
- The alchemy of route control. Dix, John // Network World;6/3/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p50
Editorial. Discusses the performance of computer network route controls. Advantages of routers that provide intelligent routing decisions; Quality of network provided by Border Gateway Protocol (BGP); Consideration of performance cost and cost savings.
- Solving The NAT Traversal Problem. Passmore, David // Business Communications Review;Jan2006, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p15
The article discusses the solutions to the problem created by network address translation (NAT) in voice-over-IP. Recently, Cisco and Microsoft announced that they would support a relatively new standard called Interactive Connectivity Establishment, which may help in solving NAT traversal...
- VOIP Gateways: Bigger and Better. Mier, Edwin E.; Bilger, Uwe; Frigo, Marc // Business Communications Review;Sep2001, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p56
Presents the results of tests on voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) gateways. Key features of the gateways manufactured by RAD Data Communications; Evaluation of the VOIP gateways from Arelnet, net.com and Nuera Communications; Management of VOIP gateways.
- SENTITO NETWORKS/XCONNECT TO IMPROVE VOIP PEERING. // Worldwide Telecom;Dec2006, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p1
This article reports on an announcement by XConnect and Sentito Networks regarding the successful interoperability and integration of Sentito's Proxy7 Signalling Gateway with the XConnect network and ENUM registry at VON Italy in Rome, Italy. The Proxy7 Signaling Gateway helps service providers...
- Core Gateway. // Network Dictionary;2007, p124
A definition of the term "Core Gateway" is presented. It refers to the primary routers and gateways operated by the Internet Network Operations Center. It forms a central part of Internet routing in that all groups must advertise paths to their networks from a core gateway.
- MIERCOM VoIP TEST SCENARIOS. // Network World;03/05/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p48
Focuses on results of voice-over Internet Protocol interoperability tests. Basic call completion between two endpoints; Placement of calls between one endpoint through a gatekeeper to another end node; Gatekeeper-to-gatekeeper communication across domains.