Dish, SBC Put Alliance on Hold
- EchoStar Gains 350K Net Subs In Q4. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;3/12/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p8
The article reports on the business performance of EchoStar. As of December 31, 2006, the company has a total of 13.105 million subscribers in the U.S. The company's total revenue for the fourth quarter of 2006 increased by seventeen percent. Net income of the company also increased. According...
- Ergen: No Quick Data Deal. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/20/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p16
Reports on the possibility that EchoStar Communications CEO Charlie Ergen might be open to a joint broadband venture with rival DirecTV Group Inc. Plans of Echostar in providing capacity for high definition television services and to provide backup for existing satellites; Comments from Ergen...
- Hatch bill would extend satellite act. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;2/2/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p28
Reports on the legislation introduced by U.S. Senator Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) that would extend the Satellite Home Viewer Improvement Act of 1999. Significance of the Satellite Home Viewer Improvement Act of 1999 to direct-broadcast satellite (DBS) carriers; Claims of Charlie Ergen, chairman and...
- NPD: 2012 HDTV SHIPMENTS TO DROP. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;7/16/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 28, p6
The article reports on a forecast for high-definition television (HDTV) shipments in the U.S. in 2012.
- DIGITAL COMPETITION. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/18/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 26, p6
Cites the National Association of Broadcasters' reaction to news that EchoStar is considering carrying a national high definition television feed from Raleigh, North Carolina-based Capital Broadcasting's WRAL-DT.
- EchoStar tops analysts' lists. Petrozello, Donna // Broadcasting & Cable;09/21/98, Vol. 128 Issue 39, p83
Focuses on the praises of media investment analysts on EchoStar Communications Corp. at the SkyForum conference in New York. Information on EchoStar's funding; Main concerns of EchoStar; Plans of U.S. Satellite Broadcasting President Stan Hubbard in launching high-definition television feeds...
- Alliance says, `Picture this'. Taninecz, George // Industry Week/IW;6/19/95, Vol. 244 Issue 12, p47
Reports that the Digital HDTV Grand Alliance has presented a trial preview of its high-definition television (HDTV) system. Opportunity for network affiliates to review the HDTV system.
- HDTV Hooks Lure Cable Execs to CES. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;11/10/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p8
Reports on the Consumer Electronics Association's (CEA) annual convention in January 2003. Executives to be featured in a content and delivery panel session on January 9, 2003 including Cablevision Systems Corp. chairman Charles Dolan, EchoStar Communications Corp. chairman and CEO Charlie...
- TrendWatch on HD adoption. // Video Systems;May2004, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p14
Reports on trends in high-definition (HD) technology and production. Demand for HD; Production elements required in HD; Barriers to entry for HD.