- RCN SELLS N.J. SYSTEM FOR $245 MIL. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;8/28/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 61, p2
Focuses on alternative television and telecommunication service provider RCN Corp.'s selling of a central New Jersey cable system to a private equity firm. Value of the deal.
- RCN Gives Up On Philly Overbuild. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;02/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p10
Reports that Princeton, New Jersey-based cable television company RCN Corp. has cancelled its plan to overbuild a cable system in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, as of February 19, 2001. Company's withdrawal of its application for a cable license from the city council.
- RCN cooks a deal Chicago deal. Higgins, John // Broadcasting & Cable;02/07/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 6, p50
Reports that RCN Corp. received an approval to provide bundled cable television services in 22 towns in Cook County, Illinois.
- Sundance will bow digital docu channel. Bernstein, Paula; Lyons, Charles // Daily Variety;1/14/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 31, p4
Reports on the launching of a digital cable network by Sundance Channel devoted to documentary films. Tentative name of the network; Discussion of Sundance with cable and satellite operators about carrying the network; Programming model.
- Sundance Looks to Humor to Draw Subs. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;05/01/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p60
Reports on United States-based cable television network Sundance Channel's marketing campaign as of May 1, 2000. Background on the network's partnership with Joe Boxer Corp.; Cooperation with cable television operators.
- Sundance to Bow Docu Net. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;1/14/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p30
Reports the plans of Sundance Channel to launch digital basic channel in the U.S. Features of the channel; Emphasis on the exposure of documentary films; Implication of the channel for multiple-systems operators.
- Pop goes convergence at AMC. Mathew, Craig T. // Broadcasting & Cable;05/11/98, Vol. 128 Issue 20, p64
Reports on the demonstration of the American Pop Web site/broadband/digital cable channel given by the AMC company, at the channel at Cable '98 on May 15, 1998. Programs offered on the channel.
- RCN LAUNCHES MEGAMODEM HIGHSPEED INTERNET SERVICE IN CA. // Modem Users News;Aug2002, pN.PAG
Reports that RCN Corporation has launched a high-speed Internet service called MegaModem in its San Francisco and Los Angeles markets in California in 2002. Description of the MegaModem; Discussion of how RCN customers can subscribe to the MegaModem service; Details of the operations of RCN.
- RCN: The beast of the East bears more fangs. // CED;Mar2000, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p18
Reports that RCN Corp. won an Open Video System franchise to provide bundled telephone, high-speed and cable television services to customers in Jersey City, New Jersey.