HIDDEN CAMERA GAGS, OCD FUEL MANDEL'S REALTTY FUN
- Cable Heats Up Summer. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;9/01/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 31, p5
Reports on an increase in the audience share of cable networks in the U.S. during the summer of 2003. Response of viewers to reality programs that premiered during the period; Audience share of several programs on cable; Cable networks that posted growth across key demographics.
- Most Success Stories Dont' Follow a Script. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;10/27/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 43, p10
Focuses on the stability of cable television ratings due to the broadcast of reality television programs in the U.S. as of October 2003. Impact of television drama shows on cable networks; Contributors to the success of cable television; Factors critical in creating a reality television program.
- DISPATCHES. Newbery, Charles; Drinnan, John; Groves, Don; Kan, Wendy // Variety;6/16/2003, Vol. 391 Issue 5, p23
Provides an update on the worldwide television industry as of June 16, 2003. Increase in advertising spending on cable television in Argentina; Middle East rights to the Argentine reality soccer show 'Camino a la gloria'; Victory of the Cable and Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia in...
- Logo puts out casting call. Christian, Bruce // Echo Magazine;1/11/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p50
The article reports that Logo-TV, a gay-life cable television network owned by Viacom, has issued a casting call for members of the GLBT community. The channel is seeking participants for the shows "Be Real," "Your Story," "Falling Out?," "Out at Work," and a documentary featuring members of the...
- Hard charger hits the passing lane. Linnett, Richard // Advertising Age;5/12/2003, Vol. 74 Issue 19, pS-2
The article focuses on the prediction that cable upfront sales will increase by 12 percent according to an informal survey of "Advertising Age." It has been estimated that broadcast pricing is about 40 percent higher than cable, even though cable has been stealing away broadcast viewership. The...
- Sony viewership climbs on Indian Idol's 5.8pc TVR. Pande, Shamni // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;11/19/2004, p16
This article reports that Sony Entertainment Television (SET) grew viewership of its channel by 113 per cent with its first screening of the "Indian Idol" reality series. Launched at the end of October, the local version of the internationally successful Pop Idol achieved a 5.8 per cent rating...
- Cable Nets Offer Fresh Slice of Reality. Waldman, Allison J. // Television Week;4/21/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p26
The article reports on the trends concerning reality television programs being aired in U.S. cable television. Also known as unscripted programming, reality programs are a staple of virtually all of the major cable television outlets that target women, including Lifetime, Oxygen, WE, Bravo,...
- REALITY SHOWS 'ROUND THE CLOCK. // USA Today Magazine;Sep2003, Vol. 132 Issue 2700, p8
Reports on the plans of Reality Central, a reality cable TV channel set to debut in the U.S. in 2004. Chance of success of 24-hour reality TV program according to Dom Caristi of Ball State University of Muncie, Indiana; Number of viewers needed to tune in daily to the cable TV to make it...
- Tucson-area television service providers. // Inside Tucson Business;8/27/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 23, p12
Reports the ranking of television service providers based on the number of subscribers in Tucson, Arizona. Number of channels handled; Price of basic services on a monthly basis; Parent companies of the service providers.