Smit Has Eye on Customer Service
- Allen: Charter's on Track. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;9/4/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p28
The article reports on the satisfaction of Paul Allen, chairman of Charter Communications Inc., on the performance of the company with its CEO Neil Smit. Allen refers to the recruitment of several executives, the introduction of telephone service and debt refinancing that have helped in paying...
- AOL Chief Named Charter CEO. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/15/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 33, p27
Reports on the appointment of former AOL executive Neil Smit as president and CEO of Charter Communications effective August 22, 2005. Career background; Information on his predecessor at Charter; Overview of Smit's previous delegation at Time Warner's America Online Access business.
- Allen Answers ITV Queries. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;12/04/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 49, p5
Presents an interview with Paul Allen, chairman of Charter Communications Inc. in Los Angeles, California. Views about interactive television (ITV) applications; Factors holding back the mass deployment of ITV service; Interest of acquiring cable system from AT&T Corp.; Accounts on...
- Getting people on the X1 platform is having an effect on churn. // Multichannel News;11/2/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 39, p15
The article presents the views of Neil Smit, chief executive officer (CEO) of cable network Comcast's cable division, on its X1 platform.
- Kent ankles Charter over merger flap. DiOrio, Carl // Daily Variety;9/25/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 17, p6
Reports on the resignation of Jerald Kent as chief executive officer of Charter Communications following a dispute with controlling shareholder Pull Allen over the cabler's proposed combination with RCN, another Allen-owned cable outfit.
- CTO Jay Rolls Rides Over to Charter from Cox. SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;8/1/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 30, p18
The article announces that Jay Rolls was appointed chief technology officer (CTO) of Charter Communications Inc.
- Charter CEO Kent leaves suddenly; stock price dives. McConville, Jim // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/25/2001, Vol. 370 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the resignation of Charter Communications president and chief executive officer Jerald Kent. Effectivity date; Lack of explanation for the sudden departure; Dismissal of published reports regarding Kent's dismissal; Career highlights.
- CHARTER'S LOSS. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/1/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 40, p1
Reports the decision of Charter Communications Inc. president and chief executive officer Jerry Kent not to continue his contract with the company. Overview of Kent's impressive track record; Disagreement between Kent and Charter chairman Paul Allen; Decrease of the stock price after Kent's...
- Smit: Comcast's Platforms, Partnerships Drive Innovation. // Multichannel News;12/5/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 45, p4
The article presents the insights of Comcast Cable Communications Inc. president Neil Smit on the aid of innovation as a driver of success in the cable industry, wherein he highlights that the company's existing platforms and partnerships make it easier to execute a quarterly product release.