This Just In
- Covering both sides of the VOD fence. Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Dec2002, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p46
Focuses on the video-on-demand services by TVN Entertainment Corp. in California. Content of digital VOD; Establishment of Automated Digital Online Network Scheduling System; Development of language programming and subscription VOD titles on the company.
- Digital Content Express Suite (DCXP). Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;11/27/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p22
Features the end-to end content management system, Digital Content Express Suite (DCXP) of the TVN Entertainment Corp. in Burbank, California. Presence of cable headends eager to provide first-run pay-per-view movies; Creation of the system based on the cable operators' distribution preferences...
- TVN's MSO Client List Grows. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;3/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p37
Reports the business plan of TVN Entertainment Corp. to fill the complex video-on-demand needs of cable operators through deals in the U.S. Commitment to provide delivery and asset-management products to three multiple-systems operators; Completion of trial agreement with Comcast Corp.; Use of...
- Concurrent Readies Personal-TV Offering. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;10/16/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p72
Reports the preparations for the launching of the personal-video channel as part of the Concurrent Computer Corp. video-on-demand (VOD) product line in the United States. Services offered by the video channel; Plans for storage of infomercials on VOD servers; Products to be showcased at the...
- Movies today, everything else tomorrow. Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Dec2002, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p37
Focuses on the improvement of video-on-demand (VOD) service by Concurrent Computer Corp. Impact of economic problems on the company; Estimation of debt of Concurrent; Services offered by the enterprise.
- Insight Taps TVN to Pump Up VOD Titles. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/11/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p53
Reports the negotiation of Insight Communications Co. with content provider TVN Entertainment Corp. for Video-On-Demand (VOD) offering in the U.S. Plan to launch subscription of VOD product; Anticipation of increase on the number of available VOD titles; Product offerings on SVOD by Insights.
- Tweaking the Message Of Video on Demand. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;1/28/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p14
The article reports on TVN Entertainment's plan to launch an application within its video-on-demand asset-management suite that will let affiliates update messaging to strengthen the call-to-buy for a pay-per-view title. The interactive tool, called iPRI, allows content rights holders to...
- PROGRAMMERS SINK THEIR TEETH Into On Demand. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;8/28/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 34, p28
The article focuses on the increasing video-on-demand viewership in the U.S. TVN Entertainment Corp. delivers on-demand fare for 120 networks and content providers totaling some 3,000 hours of video a month. The on-demand fare of ESPN is focusing on long-format videos such as full-length movies....
- Varsity Clinches VOD Deal. Kaufman, Debra // Television Week;4/7/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p12
Focuses on the agreement made by TVN Entertainment with Varsity Television (VTV) for video-on-demand distribution of city- and region-specific programming in the U.S. Terms of the TVN and VTV agreement; Comments from TVN Entertainment President Ian Aaron; Strategies for targeting the teenager...