OLN Skates After NHL
- THE BIZ: Inside Move. Lemire, Joe // Sports Illustrated;3/16/2009, Vol. 110 Issue 11, p22
The article reports that the Versus television network, which was formerly called the Outdoor Life Network, has grown in popularity with young viewers. The network is owned by Comcast, and broadcasts numerous sporting events including hockey, bullriding, and cycling. It has grown steadily in...
- OLN Skates Toward Success With NHL. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/10/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p14
Reports on the programming issues regarding OLN's telecast of National Hockey League (NHL) games in the U.S. as of October 2005. Household rating of the first telecast of the games; Move of the company to forbid several distributors from carrying its NHL package; Financial incentive from NHL...
- New sports net in San Diego. SM // Broadcasting & Cable;3/7/94, Vol. 124 Issue 10, p22
Reports on Prime Ticket Network's launching of a regional sports network for the San Diego, California market. Use of General Instrument's signal compression system; Built-in client base with the Los Angeles Prime Network already carried by nine major cable systems in the San Diego market;...
- Split decision on Bowe/Holyfield buys. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;11/13/95, Vol. 125 Issue 46, p84
Reports on cable television network TVKO's pay-per-view coverage of the November 4, 1995, Riddick Bowe-Evander Holyfield boxing bout. Impact of Mike Tyson's withdrawal on the event's buy rates; Industry observers' comments.
- Changing the Game. Kelly, Richard // Broadcasting & Cable;06/19/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 26, p16A
Features CNN/SI, Cable News Network's sports news network. Subscription; Major sporting events aired by the network; Programming strategy.
- The Baseball Network steps to the plate. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;7/11/94, Vol. 124 Issue 28, p18
Reports on The Baseball Network's readiness to begin operations. Production and integration of 14 live simultaneous prime time Major League Baseball games; Logistic challenges.
- Can't pin 'em down. Donohue, Steve // Electronic Media;11/30/98, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p1
Discusses the strategies used by USA Network and Turner Network Television (TNT) to keep their viewers interested to their Monday night lineup after the wrestling shows. Large number of wrestling fans watching the shows; TNT's premiering of `The Adventures of Robin Hood'; Estimated amount of...
- Pac-10 deal with Liberty Sports. // MediaWeek;6/13/94, Vol. 4 Issue 24, p4
Reports on Liberty Sports' renewal of a deal with Pac-10 football for exclusive cable and regional rights to 18 conference games annually beginning in 1995 through 2000. Contract provisions.
- The big picture. Arkush, Michael; Russell, Geoff // Golf World;04/14/2000, Vol. 53 Issue 37, p8
Reports on the junior golf tournament that will debut on the Golf Channel in May 2000 as well as the agreement reached by ABC with Billy Ray Brown to be an on-course commentator.