Satellite Radio, Still Young, Enters a Growing-Up Phase
- RADIO SHOCK WAVES. Streisand, Betsy // U.S. News & World Report;2/14/2005, Vol. 138 Issue 5, p50
The article discusses the benefits and marketing of satellite radio. Randy Julien wants to spend as much time as possible listening to XM satellite radio. That is just the kind of relationship XM Satellite Radio Holdings and Sirius Radio are banking on to convince millions of traditional radio...
- Radio's big bounce. Beardi, Cara // Advertising Age;8/27/2001, Vol. 72 Issue 35, ps2
This article focuses on the status of the satellite radio market as of August 27, 2001. Sirius Satellite Radio and XM Satellite Radio Holdings both planned to launch their subscription-based, digital-quality, satellite-transmitted radio services in late spring or early summer of this year. XM,...
- Cable networks, agencies at odds over ratings. Stern, Christopher // Broadcasting & Cable;10/4/93, Vol. 123 Issue 40, p63
Reports on the advertising community's reaction to the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau's (CAB) recommendation for the measurement of cable audience on a weekly or monthly basis rather than quarter hourly. Suggested use of Nielsen Media Research data; Issue on the evaluation of a buy after a...
- Money follows. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;5/27/96, Vol. 6 Issue 22, Adweek p32
Presents forecasts for cable television's audience share for 1996. Efforts to encourage advertising in cable networks; Factors affecting television networks' purchase of cable commercial airtimes.
- Cable boasts record rating average. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;7/11/94, Vol. 124 Issue 28, p17
Presents the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau's findings of the average record rating in total United States homes of advertising-supported cable television networks in June 1994. Prime time rating; Networks which show a ratings decline.
- Advertisers chase real ratings for cable TV. Burnett, Kate // Ad Age Global;Jul2001, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p13
Reports on the countries in Latin America wherein cable television networks are finding ways to measure the audience of their programs to give advertisers enough information to decide. Demand of advertisers for more data from cable television networks; Advertising market in Latin America.
- Philly's looking good to cable spot and buyers. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;9/09/96, Vol. 15 Issue 37, p4
Reports on cable operators' vision to turn the city of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania into a marketwide interconnect region. Lenfest's Cable AdNet's plan to purchase competitor Metrobase Cable Advertising; Views of cable operators in tapping potential of city as a cable market; Problems cable...
- `Unprecedented' intensity at cable's upfront. Stark, Steven J. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;05/30/2000, Vol. 363 Issue 13, p4
Reports on record advertising sales by cable networks in the United States in May to July 2000. Estimated advertising expenditures on cable; Strong sales by Turner Broadcasting Sales; Sales at Discovery Communications, MTV Networks and Lifetime Television; Improved programming quality at cable...
- WB, Nick lead kids TV. Friedman, Wayne // Electronic Media;12/30/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p10
Discusses the rating performances of the cable television networks in the kids market in the fourth quarter of 2002. Increase in the advertising sales for the broadcast year 2002-2003 in the kids market; Improvement in the kid ratings of Nickelodeon; Cartoon characters providing the increase to...