Nanoparticles of Ceranium Oxide -- Applications to Coatings Technologies
- Ashland Inc. // Coatings World;Mar2013, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p74
The article profiles the coating company, Ashland Inc., which offers resources and products for solving formulation and product-performance challenges. It says that Ahsland offers hydroxyethlcellulose (HEC), which provides application properties for nonionic synthetic associative thickeners...
- Solid Color Deck Stains: Trends, Substrates, and Formulation Study. Monaghan, Greg // JCT CoatingsTech;Jul2007, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p30
The changing decking market offers new products to consumers and new challenges to coatings manufacturers. The voluntary phase out of CCA-treated wood for residential applications at the end of 2003 opened up the decking market to new wood treatments as well as composite decking materials...
- Revival in Construction Leads to Bright Outlook for Wood Coatings. Milmo, Sean // Coatings World;Nov201513, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p20
The article discusses the recovery of the wood products segment in the construction industry of European Union countries as well as of the demand for coatings and stain and oil treatments. Topics included are the expansion of the coatings market alongside the gross domestic product rate of...
- Knock on wood. Johnson, Bruce // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Mar1998, Vol. 103 Issue 1, p31
Presents a problem of a reader about the stain caused by antique urns he used as flower vase on the window seat of his house. Author's suggestion about the problem; How a coat of paste wax can add years of life to an old finish.
- Silica nanoparticles layered in coating prevent fogging. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Nov2005, Vol. 163 Issue 11, p26
Reports on the development of a unique polymer coating made of silica nanoparticles by the researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Distinct features of the polymer coating; Capabilities of the polymer coating; Contact information.
- Nanotechnology & Coatings. Natu, Vinayak M. // Paintindia;Jun2010, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p117
How can nanofilms be fabricated by 'Layer-by-Layer Assembly ( LbL)' technique? What are the applications of LbL technique in coatings? What is complex coacervation? How can polymer nanoparticles be formed via Complex Coacervation Core Janus Micelles (C3JM)?
- Electrical characterization of gadolinia-doped ceria films grown by pulsed laser deposition. Rodrigo, K.; Heiroth, S.; Lundberg, M.; Bonanos, N.; Kant, K. Mohan; Pryds, N.; Kuhn, L. Theil; Esposito, V.; Linderoth, S.; Schou, J.; Lippert, T. // Applied Physics A: Materials Science & Processing;Dec2010, Vol. 101 Issue 4, p601
Electrical characterization of 10 mol% gadolinia doped ceria (CGO10) films of different thicknesses prepared on MgO(100) substrates by pulsed laser deposition is presented. Dense, polycrystalline and textured films characterized by fine grains (grain sizes < 18 nm and < 64 nm for a 20-nm and a...
- Electrical characterization of gadolinia doped ceria films grown by pulsed laser deposition. Rodrigo, K.; Heiroth, S.; Lundberg, M.; Bonanos, N.; Kant, K. Mohan; Pryds, N.; Kuhn, L. Theil; Esposito, V.; Linderoth, S.; Schou, J.; Lippert, T. // Applied Physics A: Materials Science & Processing;Dec2010, Vol. 101 Issue 4, p727
Electrical characterization of 10 mol% gadolinia doped ceria (CGO10) films of different thickness prepared on MgO (100) substrates by pulsed laser deposition is presented. Dense polycrystalline and textured films characterized by fine grains (grain sizes <18 nm and <64 nm for a 20-nm and a...
- Small and Smaller-- Incorporating nanosilica technology of different particle size for new improvements in UV-curable coatings. Heuer, Marco; Eichenberger, Fabian; Herrwerth, Sascha // Paintindia;Jun2014, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p60
The article discusses developments in the coatings industry in India as of June 2014. It focuses on the use of nanosilica technology of various particle size to improve ultraviolet (UV)-curable coatings products. It features the enhancing properties of silica nanoparticle modified acrylates for...