Cloos Robotic Welding two decades young
- How MAG narrow gap welding considerably reduces production times on thick-walled components. Lutz, Walter // Welding & Cutting;2012, Issue 2, p79
The article focuses on the significant aspects of metal active gas (MAG) narrowing gap welding in the operation of Siemens AG. It notes that the use of narrow gap welding improves the company's production efficiency and the working environment for employees. It adds that the company is...
- Industry Notes. // Welding Journal;Sep2005, Vol. 84 Issue 9, p11
Reports on development in the welding industry in the U.S. Contract awarded to Tetra Tech Inc. joint venture with Alaskan native corporation Sealaska Environmental Services; Obtainment of Dana Corp. of patent for its AtmoPlas, a microwave atmospheric plasma heating technology; Celebration of...
- Praxair Announces Partnership to Commercialize Tandem Process; Acquires Dallas Firm. // Welding Journal;Jun2004, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p10
Reports on developments in Praxair Distribution Inc.'s welding business in the U.S. Praxair's agreement to market a tandem arc welding process developed by Cloos Robotic Welding Inc.; Praxair's acquisition of United Welding Specialties.
- Material handling robot. // T & P: Tooling & Production;Jul2001, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p79
Evaluates the material handling Romat 500 robot from Cloos Robotic Welding Inc. Technical capabilities; Weight of the Romat 500 system.
- Welding power source enters United States market. // Trailer / Body Builders;Dec2004, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p52
Features the MC4 303 CV/CC compact pulsed-arc power source from Carl Cloos Schweisstechnik GmbH, introduced to the U.S. market through its subsidiary Cloos Robotic Welding Inc. in 2004. Applications; Design.
- Industry news. // Welding Design & Fabrication;Oct99, Vol. 72 Issue 10, p6
Presents news briefs related to the metal industry in the United States, as of October 1999. Includes Cloos Robotic Welding's expansion of its current facilities; Ampco Metal Inc.'s achievement of ISO 9002 registration; Growth of demand for steel in the automobile industry.
- Benkan files or protection. Olsztynski, Jim // Supply House Times;Oct2001, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p30
Reports the court protection from creditors filed by the Benkan Corp., manufacturer of welding fittings in Japan. Reason for filing for protection; Total amount of debts of Benkan; Continuance of the operation of the company.
- Competencies, competition, and capital. Peters, Dean M. // Welding Design & Fabrication;Feb2000, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p6
Discusses the role of suppliers in keeping the welding industry competitive. Relationship of suppliers to the segments they serve; Suppliers' contributions to increased productivity and quality; Profit motive that drives the process of improvement and innovation.
- A Look at Owning Your Own Weld Shop. Campbell, Kristin // Welding Journal;Nov2006, Vol. 85 Issue 11, p68
The article offers a look at owning one's own weld shop. Dave Lynnes shares his experience of owning his own weld shop in West Fargo, North Dakota. The article details how Lynnes achieved one of his life's goals when he established Dave's Welding and Metal Fabrication Inc. It also presents a...