- VMC cracks the $60 billion egg. // Aftermarket Business;03/01/95, Vol. 105 Issue 3, p36
Reports that 80% of all cars and trucks in the United States are not properly maintained according to the Vehicle Maintenance Council (VMC). VMC's launching of a media promotion to raise consumer awareness; Response of consumers; Support for the campaign among aftermarket members; Contact...
- In your face shield. Service, Tom // Automotive Body Repair News;Mar2000, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p62
Provides tips on how automotive repair shops' workers can protect themselves from the risks posed by composition abrasive cut-off discs. Use of protective clothing, safety glasses and a face shield; Checking the wheel for damage before use; Mounting the wheel properly on the correct tool;...
- Volkswagen Golf GTI. Parrott, Aston // Evo;Oct2015, Issue 213, p137
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of replacing the damaged coilovers in his German make car Volkswagen Golf GTI, and refers to searching for coilovers in the internet, refitting done at automobile wheel specialist R-Tec Auto Design, and wheel alignment.
- UK aftermarket: brakes spend per car continues to fall. // MarketWatch: Automotive;October 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p12
This article reports that the average spend on brakes per car continues to fall in Great Britain. It is speculated that over the five years to from 2003 to 2008 the average spend will continue to decline at 1.3% per annum.
- NATA BECOMES AASA AFFILIATE. // Auto Body Repair Network;Jul2012, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p10
The article reports on the Northwest Automotive Trades Association (NATA), which is the new member of the Alliance of Automotive Service Providers (AASP), and its mission is to promote education and professionalism, and to provide quality services and benefits.
- TOP 100 Part 2. // Aftermarket Business;Jan2006, Vol. 116 Issue 1, p15
The article introduces a series of articles on the top automobile repair shops in the U.S. They include Brake Masters, C & M Auto Service, Car-X Auto Service, City Garage, Clutch Doctors, Conrad, D & R Autoworks, Davis Paint and Collision, Driver's Auto Repair and the Earl Brothers.
- FACT or FICTION? Ananian, Ron // Automotive Body Repair News;Nov2008, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p109
The article focuses on debunking myths associated with tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) repair. TPMS repair is not a long, laborious process, instead it can be quick and profitable if an individual is prepared to deal with the technology. Direct and indirect TMPS both require a TPMS tool...
- Are You Missing the Boat? Becker, Mitch // Body Shop Business;May2014, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p40
The article discusses the need for the automotive repair industry to adapt to changes, technicians requiring the acquisition of new skills and procedures in vehicle repair as new materials are used, and business opportunities offered by acquiring new skills and equipment. Topics discussed...
- Hunter's new pit racks for ease of service. // Fleet Equipment;Apr2010, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p52
The article offers brief information on vehicle pit racks P441 and P444 from Hunter Engineering Co.