It's a good time to be a creditor
- Bankruptcy Filings Are Up In 2010. // CardLine;9/10/2010, Vol. 10 Issue 37, p5
The article reports that according to the American Bankruptcy Institute bankruptcy filling has increased in 2010 as around one million consumers have sought for court protection from the debts in 2010 and it is expected to reach 1.6 million dollars in the same year.
- DAMAGED GOODS. Barrett, Colin // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);3/19/2012, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p44
The article presents questions and answers related to the shipment of damaged goods such as the time limit for claim filing and refund policies.
- Bankruptcy Filings Drop In April. // CardLine;5/7/2010, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p30
The article reports on a drop in bankruptcy filings by consumers and businesses in the U.S. in April 2010. It states that the bankruptcy filings fell to 146,000 in April 2010 from 158,000 in March 2010, as reported by the Automated Access to Court Electronic Records. It mentions that in 2005,...
- Consumer Bankruptcy Filings Jump In February. // CardLine;3/12/2010, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p34
The article presents information on the growing consumer bankruptcy filings in the U.S. According to a report by American Bankruptcy Institute, in February 2010, Chapter 7 bankruptcy filings increased 14% compared with a year earlier. According to the report the 111,693 cases filed in February...
- California Dreamin' Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;4/14/2003, Vol. 267 Issue 15, p25
Reports on a draft legislation introduced in California that would place liability of shippers, ocean carriers and marine terminals in the case of an accident or loss of a cargo. State concern on marine terminal and steamship line operations; Opposition from trucking and shipping companies;...
- Third Unaware of DVD Recorder. Wolf, Jessica // Video Store Magazine;5/9/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p12
Reports on the consumer sales of DVD recorders in the U.S. in 2004. Aspects that influence the awareness of consumers on the product; Increase in the shipment of DVD recorders in 2004; Factors that contribute to the demand for the product.
- FREIGHT CLAIMS AND UNPAID CHARGES. Barrett, Colin // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);3/23/2009, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p58
The article provides an answer to a question about freight claims and unpaid charges.
- William J. Augello, 80. // Traffic World;11/27/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 48, p12
The article focuses on the life and accomplishments of William J. Augello, an expert in transportation and logistics law in the U.S. He had contributed to the establishment of standards in freight transportation law and the legal balance between shippers and carriers. One of the books he...
- Shipper beware. Calderwood, James A. // Logistics Today;Jun2004, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p12
Explains that shippers which opt for the lowest price in ocean transportation services may limit their ability to collect on damage claims. Non-vessel operating common carrier; Carriage of Goods by Sea Act; Declared value; Clause paramount; Restrictions on the shipper's ability to recover more...