Availability of truck drivers continues to remain tight
- Chapter 2: Global labour market trends and prospects: Appendix 1. Measuring skills mismatches. // Global Employment Trends;Jan2013, p13
An appendix is presented that offers information about measuring employment skills mismatch.
- Nursing Workforce: Multiple Factors Create Nurse Recruitment and Retention Problems: GAO-01-912T. // GAO Reports;6/27/2001, p1
Health care providers' difficulties in recruiting and retaining nurses may worsen as the demand for nurses rises with the aging of the population. Demographic changes are widening the gap between the numbers of people needing care and available caregivers. Moreover, the current high levels of...
- Evaluating BLS labor force, employment, and occupation projections for 2000. Stekler, H. O.; Thomas, Rupin // Monthly Labor Review;Jul2005, Vol. 128 Issue 7, p46
In 1989, BLS first projected estimates for the year 2000 of the labor force, employment, and occupations; in most cases, the accuracy of BLS projections were comparable to estimates from naive extrapolated models
- Labour Markets. // Canadian Economic Observer;Jun2004, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p13
Presents statistics on the labor market in Canada, compiled as of June 2004. Labor force statistics; Labor income; Employment and earnings by industry.
- THE IMPACT OF YOUNG WORKERS ON THE AGGREGATE LABOR MARKET. Shimer, Robert // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Aug2001, Vol. 116 Issue 3, p969
An increase in the share of youth in the working age population of one state or region relative to the rest of the United States causes a sharp reduction in that state's relative unemployment rate and a modest increase in its labor force participation rate. This is inconsistent with many...
- Baseline FORUM. David, Greg; Davidson, Carl; Doerscher, Terry; Martineau, Dan; Jesunas, BitI // Baseline;May2008, Issue 84, p10
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Is There Really an IT Labor Shortage," in the March 5, 2008 issue, "It's a Jungle in Here," in the March 2008 issue, and "10 Ways IT Employees Are Different from Everyone Else," in the February 2008...
- WORKING CAPITAL. // Business North Carolina;Jul2005, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p12
Presents a graphical representation of the status of labor supply in the U.S. as of July 2005.
- Think before you grow. Vise, Avery // Commercial Carrier Journal;Mar2004, Vol. 161 Issue 3, p10
Addresses the concern about the shortage of truck drivers in the U.S. as of March 1, 2004. Signs of increased freight demand in 2004; Increase in turnover among linehaul drivers; Deterioration in the quality of drivers.
- Driver shortage expected to keep shrinking. // Bulk Transporter;Apr2005, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p14
Forecasts the impact of strong demands for competing labor on the Driver Labor Index. Decline of the freight growth in 2005; Accumulation of record driver shortages during the past 18 months; Effects of the supply and demand issues in the freight and labor markets on the pool of available...