Cannondale to Acquire Sugoi
- Cannondale and Pearl Izumi Sold. // Bicycling Australia;May/Jun2008, Issue 151, p28
The article reports on the acquisition of the sport clothes company Cannondale by the Montreal, Quebec-based Dorel Industries Ltd. which also includes the acquisition of Sugoi Performance Apparel. Cannondale have facilities in the U.S., Canada, Switzerland, Holland, Japan and Australia. Details...
- Dorel buys 2nd bike maker. // Furniture/Today;2/25/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p38
The article reports that furniture maker Dorel Industries Inc., owner of bicycle-maker Pacific Cycle Inc., has acquired bicycle producer Cannondale Bicycle Corp. According to Dorel, it will market its brands, including Cannondale, GT and Sugoi, to independent bicycle dealers through the...
- Canadian cycle outfit buys Cannondale. Soule, Alexander // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/11/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p5
The article reports on the acquisition of Bethel, Connecticut-based Cannondale Bicycle Corp. by Canadian company Dorel Industries Ltd. It is stated that Dorel will use the acquisition to develop a new division focusing on sales to independent bicycle dealers. Meanwhile, Dorel's existing Pacific...
- Quick Hits from MERGERS unleashed. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Mar2008, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p24
This section offers updates on several merger and acquisition deals in the U.S. Liz Claiborne agreed to sell its prAna sportswear brand, which the retailer acquired in 2005, to the unit's management team and New York private equity firm Steelpoint Capital Partners. Dorel Industries acquired...
- Gearing up: Cannondale to expand. Soule, Alexander // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/13/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 15, p1
The article reports on the plan of Dorel Industries Inc. to expand its newly acquired Cannondale subsidiary in Bethel, Connecticut. The expansion scheme is part of the worldwide centers of excellence program of the company which aims to produce more bicycles including other brands in the...
- Dorel buys Belgium juvenile products company. // Kids Today;Feb2009, p10
The article reports on the acquisition of Baby Art BVBA by Dorel industries Inc. for $5.3 million. Christophe Verlinden, Baby Art founder, claims that the acquisition will provide the company with a range of high-end and one-of-a-kind specialty juvenile products. Meanwhile, Dorel also...
- Dorel acquires French producer Ampa. // Kids Today;Mar2003, p19
Reports on Dorel Industries' acquisition of French producer Ampa Group. Estimated value of the deal; Dorel's expansion plans; Financial plans of Ampa for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2002.
- Dorel acquires Carina. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;9/29/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the acquisition of Carina Furniture Industries by Dorel Industries Inc. in Toronto, Ontario. Increase sales of ready-to-assemble furniture; Increase of market presence in retail sectors; Increase of earnings per share.
- TIME TO GO BARGAIN HUNTING? McAleese, Tom // Accountancy Ireland;Dec2002, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p26
Advises companies aiming to expand to consider acquisition as a strategy. Description of a situation where acquisition may be an option; Factors which may influence businesses to refrain from acquisition opportunities.