- Execs Stress Sweating the Details on VoIP. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;5/9/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p10
Focuses on the maintenance issues in voice-over-Internet protocol (VoIP) telephony needed to be assessed by cable operators offering the service in the U.S. Number of VoIP customers of Time Warner as of May 2005; Companies offering VoIP service; Effect of the service on security systems.
- Time Warner's VoIP Train. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p91
Highlights the voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) service to be launched by Time Warner Cable in the U.S. market in 2004. States where the service will be deployed; Subscriber fees; Details of how the service will be deployed; Efforts of Time Warner to market its VoIP service.
- Stalking the IP golden egg. Lafferty, Michael // CED;Apr2000, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p46
Reports on the competition to provide Internet Protocol (IP) telephony. Conversion into reality of the voice over Internet Protocol through cable television networks; Advantages of IP telephony aside from cost savings; Issues concerning standards, service and other problems.
- Operators Kick the Tires on Voice-Encryption Strategies. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p31
Focuses on the display of a cable telephony voice-encryption service at Cable Television Laboratories Inc.'s conference by cable operators Nuera Communications Inc., Syndeo Corp. and InnoMedia Inc. Advantages of voice encryption service; Compliance of CableLabs standards by the...
- The mother of all networks. Tudor, Geoffrey; Young, Holland // CED;Aug2002, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p73
Reports on the efforts of cable television operators to expand their business beyond service transport technologies. Planned migration to a unified all-Internet Protocol (IP) network topology; Transition to a unified IP network.
- Comcast Rises to VolP Challenge. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;9/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p3
Reports the legitimacy of Internet-protocol telephony in the cable industry in the U.S. Requisite research for the technology; Reduction of capital expenditures; Security of capital investment of the industry.
- Wireless Strategies: The Partnership's The Thing. // Communications Technology;Jun2010, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p6
The article focuses on cable operators working with wireless carriers to have high-speed mobile broadband. The residential phone business of Comcast Cable includes Xfinity Internet, voice services and wireless data service. It reports that Time Warner Cable Inc. which is the third partner in the...
- No Wireless Deals in Sight. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/18/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 29, p3
Reports on the status of the plan of multisystem operators to venture into the wireless market in the U.S. as of July 2005. Speculated joint venture deal of Comcast with a wireless carrier to provide a wireless service; Disadvantages of the plan of the cable industry to purchase a wireless...
- Sprint to Small Cable Operators: Wait 'Til '07. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;8/7/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 31, p8
The article reports that small cable operators would not be able to participate in the wireless-phone venture of Sprint Nextel Corp. with large cable operators. The wireless venture will include Comcast Corp., Time Warner Cable, Cox Communications and Advance/Newhouse Communications. The...