ABC Rejoins NAB With Cap Rift Past
- Vertical disintegration. Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;05/10/99, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p4
Reports on the criticism of the sale of some of Walt Disney Television & Communication's film and television products to American Broadcasting Co. by critics of vertical integration. Disney's signing of licensing deals with ABC; Generation of an image of profitability for the network; Suit...
- N.Y. BATTLE DRAWS D.C'S GAZE. FARRELL, MIKE; Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;3/8/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p2
The article reports on the dispute between Cablevision Systems Corp. and Walt Disney Co. which was discussed on television (TV) station Walt Disney owned American Broadcasting Co. (WABC-TV). WABC-TV is one of the largest broadcast television stations in the U.S. and also serves New York City....
- ABC becoming Sweeney turf? // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/6/2004, Vol. 383 Issue 17, p1
As rumblings persist about a major shake-up in the works at television broadcasting company American Broadcasting Co., sources say the Walt Disney Co.'s highly regarded cable chief, Anne Sweeney, may soon be given the responsibility for Disney's struggling broadcast network. Top Disney...
- 'Millionaire' off to a flying start. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;08/23/99, Vol. 129 Issue 35, p37
Reports popularity of the television program `Who Wants to Be A Millionaire' of ABC to viewers in the United States. Number of viewers per episode attracted by the game show; Host of the show; Process of playing the game; Views of the executive producer on nightly and time period bases of ratings.
- ABC takes momentum into new year. Klssell, Rick // Daily Variety;01/04/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 23, p6
Reports that American Broadcasting Co. (ABC) has finished 2000 with strong primetime television ratings in the United States. Examples of ABC shows that showed strong ratings during the given time period; Optimism that the company will continue its positive ratings performance through 2001;...
- Soap net stirs ABC affil drama. Higgins, John M.; McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;04/12/99, Vol. 129 Issue 15, p15
Reports on ABC's decision to move ahead with a plan to launch a soap opera channel that will repeat shows that air earlier in the day on the broadcast network's daytime schedule. `All My Children,' and `General Hospital' as among the television programs to be aired on the soap opera channel;...
- ABC alters drama plan. Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;01/31/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 42, p1
Reports on the American Broadcasting Co.'s decision to produce drama scripts as presentations instead of full-length pilots. Rationale behind the move; Reaction of studios to the move; Implications of the move for the rest of the television broadcasting industry in the United States.
- ABC's 'Santa' delivers. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;11/21/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 57, p1
Reports on the ratings performance of television networks in the United States as of November 21, 2000. Increase in ratings numbers of American Broadcasting Co. caused by the made-for-television movie 'Santa Who?,' featuring Leslie Nielsen; Ratings performance of other programs and networks.
- ABC SPELLS WINNER. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;09/13/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the Nielsen audience-ratings performance of television network American Broadcasting Co. (ABC) during the week of September 4 to 10, 2000. ABC programs that scored strong ratings during the period; Ratings performance of other networks.