Reality's Celebrity Invasion
- Checking Reality. Frutkin, A. J. // MediaWeek;1/24/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p5
Focuses on the rise of reality TV programs in the U.S. in 2005. Performance of nonscripted TV programs in the country; Efforts by U.S. TV networks to develop new reality shows; Factors that could impact the growth of reality TV programs in the country.
- BET Ramps Up Reality. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;4/11/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p42
Reports on the launch of several reality television shows by Black Entertainment Television in April 2005. Overview of the plot of the program "Blowin' Up Fatty Koo"; Information on the dating show "Kickback"; Theme of the television reality show "The Apprentice."
- E! Plans a Busy Summer. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;5/5/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 18, p8
Focuses on the program planning strategy of the U.S. television broadcast network E! Entertainment Television for the summer of 2003. Emphasis of the network on programs highlighting celebrity life; List of programs that the network plans to telecast in competition with reality shows;...
- The Real ‘Reality’ Behind Shock TV. Hill, Martin // San Diego Business Journal;10/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p50
Discusses issues pertaining to reality television shows produced in the U.S. Exploitation of contestants; Willingness of contestants to be exploited; Profitability of reality television shows.
- Reality has legs at networks. Freeman, Michael // Electronic Media;09/11/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p28
Focuses on the prevalence of reality television programs in the United States. Reality-based-series produced by the Fox network; Factors affecting the production of reality series production; Impact of reality TV programs on the scripted series; Speculation on the relaunching of the program...
- Reality bites. O'Hehir, Andrew // Sight & Sound;Sep2002, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the prevalence of reality television programs in the U.S. Factors contributing to the success of reality television programs; Overview of several reality television programs; Themes of such programs; Implications for the television broadcasting industry.
- REAL APPEAL. Light, Deborah // Bulletin with Newsweek;09/26/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6243, p62
Focuses on the reality-based television programs of television stations in the United States. Consideration of the programs as voyeuristic, exploitative and cruel; Examples of programs pitting people against each other; Popularity of the programs in other countries; Impact on current affairs...
- The Real Report. Rice, Lynette // Entertainment Weekly;4/15/2005, Issue 815, p70
Previews several reality television programs to be aired in the U.S. in 2005.
- Reality rules. // Vogue;Jun2001, Vol. 191 Issue 6, p190
Focuses on reality-based television shows, the most popular show genre in American television. Factors behind the popularity of reality television in the United States; Target viewer demographics of reality-based television programs; Television shows that are riding on the reality-television...